The Campaign Topic

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Campaign Topic

Post by Nassau-Windsor on Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:22 pm

This is the place where campaign posts can be made as much as you like!

Former Minister of Development (2x); Former Member of Parliament (6x)
Nassau-Windsor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: The Campaign Topic

Post by Libertarian Democracy on Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:26 pm

The Realist Party says they believe in "one leader making decision based of the beliefs of the people", but we in the Classical Liberal Party have been achieving compromise and unity by working together for over a year now. They say they are "the first party established in TPUN", but their members have only recently begun working in the regional government, while the members of the Classical Liberal Party have long experience in government and even enabled the effective creation of political parties.
Let's recap What We Believe and What We've Done:

• All nations deserve to be heard: SO 2015-5 Creation of the Citizen's Forum Act;
  • The region deserves an efficient government: PM Abdoa has overseen the prompt passage of 23 bills through the Parliamentary Process;
  • Democracy should be universal and just: SO 2016-18 Parliamentary Elections Act;
  • Rational, logical thought represented in the law: we allow for the thoughtful scrutiny of the wording of each bill, making sure that no nation's freedoms as guaranteed by the Constitution are violatied by the government: "All Members who reside with the region are free to govern as they wish." (Constitution I.A) and "All Members have freedoms of Speech and Ideology." (Constitution I.B);
  • Minimal government intrusion in nations and their association with one another: we have guaranteed the right to form political party lists in law (SO 2016-18 Parliamentary Elections Act);
  • Freedom of speech/opposition, unobstructed by the government: we are always willing to talk and compromise with other Senators on the formulation and intents of a bill, and we have sponsored the Citizen's Forum (SO 2015-5) which encourages nations to bring their ideas to the government and hold it to account.

We do NOT believe in deciding for the membership how they should run their countries: we have always encouraged plurality of opinion in the Union. The First Abdoa Government - the first complete Cabinet in the history of the Union - contained communist, capitalist, authoritarian and liberal nations, for we work by consensus, not by opposition to diverse views.
We are the party for all types of nation, not just those of a same ideology.
Cast your vote for a stronger Union. VOTE for the CLASSICAL LIBERAL PARTY!

Want a government that works for you while guaranteeing your freedom? Vote Classical Liberal!

Our candidates have nearly 3 years combined experience in the Parliament of the Union, and each have a solid record of drafting and supporting legislation that has built the Union and guaranteed freedom. Our members authored the legislation that created the Citizens' Forum, established political parties, authorized and organized the Refound, established regional recruitment, and defined Parliamentary procedures. No other party can say that.

Other parties will tell you that they will give you freedom. Other parties say they will develop the region. Ask them what they have already done to further those causes. They cannot answer, because only the Classical Liberal Party Candidates have an extensive, proven track record of supporting the ideals of freedom and democracy, while also laying the foundation and building the very region in which you call home.

Abdoa
Hashkin
Libertarian Democracy

We are the candidates of the Classical Liberal party. Cast your vote for a stronger Union. Vote Classical Liberal!

The Right Honourable Minister of Jurisprudence Libertarian Democracy, MP LSM GSM
General-Secretary of the Classical Liberal Party
Libertarian Democracy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nassau-Windsor on Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:30 pm

[Under further construction]

I, Nassau-Windsor, LSM, your humble founder, have chosen to participate in the elections of the next Parliament. What are my views? You can see it here (when edited in, that is), or just ask me in this topic! That way, you will learn in what way we can improve this Region.

Experience
I have been a Member of this Region from short after its beginning. Though I was not always very active, I kept going and never lost the Region out of my head. During my membership, I have had various offices: I have been a Minister, Member of Parliament, and King of Arms while also being your Founder after my predecessor first ceased-to-exist. This makes me one of the more experienced members.

[Draft] Legislation
Quite some Bills and other documents have been written by me. I have introduced some Acts of Parliament, Amendments, and Constitutional Amendments which have passed Parliament. I am also willing to listen carefully to the ideas of others and I am willing to compromise if that seems fairer than no deal because you want to stick to your point.

Last edited by Nassau-Windsor on Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:40 pm; edited 2 times in total

Nassau-Windsor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomolia on Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:33 pm

THE REALIST PARTY, IF ELECTED, WILL GUARANTEE AND PROTECT ALL YOUR INTERESTS IN AN ATMOSPHERE OF MUTUAL HELP, NO MATTER WHAT YOUR POLITICAL OPINIONS ARE!

Thomolia

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomolia on Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:35 pm

READ IT VERY CAREFULLY!
The greatest difficulty to be encountered does not lie in the appreciation of means towards an acknowledged end, but in the indifference of persons in general to the end itself. If it were felt that the free development of individuality is one of the leading essentials of well-being; that it is not only a co-ordinate element with all that is designated by the terms civilisation, instruction, education, culture, but is itself a necessary part and condition of all those things; there would be no danger that liberty should be under-valued, and the adjustment of the boundaries between it and social control would present no extraordinary difficulty. But the evil is, that individual spontaneity is hardly recognised by the common modes of thinking, as having any intrinsic worth, or deserving any regard on its own account. The majority, being satisfied with the ways of mankind as they now are (for it is they who make them what they are), cannot comprehend why those ways should not be good enough for everybody; and what is more, spontaneity forms no part of the ideal of the majority of moral and social reformers, but is rather looked on with jealousy, as a troublesome and perhaps rebellious obstruction to the general acceptance of what these reformers, in their own judgment, think would be best for mankind. Few persons, out of Germany, even comprehend the meaning of the doctrine which Wilhelm von Humboldt, so eminent both as a savant and as a politician, made the text of a treatise—that "the end of man, or that which is prescribed by the eternal or immutable dictates of reason, and not suggested by vague and transient desires, is the highest and most harmonious development of his powers to a complete and consistent whole;" that, therefore, the object "towards which every human being must ceaselessly direct his efforts, and on which especially those who design to influence their fellow-men must ever keep their eyes, is the individuality of power and development;" that for this there are two requisites, "freedom, and a variety of situations;" and that from the union of these arise "individual vigour and manifold diversity," which combine themselves in "originality."

Thomolia

Back to top Go down

Post by Libertarian Democracy on Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:43 pm

Thomolia wrote:READ IT VERY CAREFULLY!
The greatest difficulty to be encountered does not lie in the appreciation of means towards an acknowledged end, but in the indifference of persons in general to the end itself. If it were felt that the free development of individuality is one of the leading essentials of well-being; that it is not only a co-ordinate element with all that is designated by the terms civilisation, instruction, education, culture, but is itself a necessary part and condition of all those things; there would be no danger that liberty should be under-valued, and the adjustment of the boundaries between it and social control would present no extraordinary difficulty. But the evil is, that individual spontaneity is hardly recognised by the common modes of thinking, as having any intrinsic worth, or deserving any regard on its own account. The majority, being satisfied with the ways of mankind as they now are (for it is they who make them what they are), cannot comprehend why those ways should not be good enough for everybody; and what is more, spontaneity forms no part of the ideal of the majority of moral and social reformers, but is rather looked on with jealousy, as a troublesome and perhaps rebellious obstruction to the general acceptance of what these reformers, in their own judgment, think would be best for mankind. Few persons, out of Germany, even comprehend the meaning of the doctrine which Wilhelm von Humboldt, so eminent both as a savant and as a politician, made the text of a treatise—that "the end of man, or that which is prescribed by the eternal or immutable dictates of reason, and not suggested by vague and transient desires, is the highest and most harmonious development of his powers to a complete and consistent whole;" that, therefore, the object "towards which every human being must ceaselessly direct his efforts, and on which especially those who design to influence their fellow-men must ever keep their eyes, is the individuality of power and development;" that for this there are two requisites, "freedom, and a variety of situations;" and that from the union of these arise "individual vigour and manifold diversity," which combine themselves in "originality."

And for the second time today.....

Earlier this morning the Realist Party said their beliefs align with the Declaration of Rights of Man, written mostly by General Lafayette, a Classical Liberal.

Now they have posted the above quote. They are quoting Pages 105-107 of a treatise called On Liberty. This was written by John Stuart Mill, also a Classical Liberal.

If they support Classical Liberalism, then why don't they vote for the party whose members have an extensive record of promoting Classical Liberalism through Legislation? Vote for the Classical Liberal Party!

The Right Honourable Minister of Jurisprudence Libertarian Democracy, MP LSM GSM
Libertarian Democracy

Back to top Go down

Post by LROF on Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:00 pm

VOTE FOR THE LIBERTARIAN PARTY WE WILL GIVE FREEDOM THROUGH LEGISLATION AND THANK YOU TO ALL THOSE WHO HAVE VOTED FOR THE PARTY ALL READY AND FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVENT IF YOU WANT TO BE EVEN MORE FREE THAN NOW
VOTE FOR THE LIBERTARIAN PARTY
LROF

Back to top Go down

Post by Islamic State Of Malaya on Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:52 am

VOTE FOR THE REALIST PARTY. THIS PARTY WILL MAKE RIGHT DECISIONS AND NOT MERELY TALKING FOR THE SAKE OF VOTES

Islamic State Of Malaya

Back to top Go down

Post by Libertarian Democracy on Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:11 am

Islamic State Of Malaya wrote:VOTE FOR THE REALIST PARTY. THIS PARTY WILL MAKE RIGHT DECISIONS AND NOT MERELY TALKING FOR THE SAKE OF VOTES
Do any of you have a track record of making the right decisions? Anything to show for these claims? The members of the Classical Liberal Party have over 3 years combine experience in Parliament, and have authored some of the most important bills in effect. We have a solid record of upholding values of democracy and freedom, and we are the only party who can say that we already have made the right decisions. And we are looking to make many more in the next term.

Vote Classical Liberal!

Libertarian Democracy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomolia on Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:17 am

There's a reason if we are called Realists. It's because we always care and battle for a better reality, and we don't want to embody a particular doctrine or political idea. We represent all the people in the Union who really want to give a change for the better in the community political life, with new and innovative ideas, which, of course, can come from all of you. Let's make it real!

Thomolia

Back to top Go down

Post by Libertarian Democracy on Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:54 pm

Thomolia wrote:There's a reason if we are called Realists. It's because we always care and battle for a better reality, and we don't want to embody a particular doctrine or political idea. We represent all the people in the Union  who really want to give a change for the better in the community political life, with new and innovative ideas, which, of course, can come from all of you. Let's make it real!
And what change? Tell me, how many years of experience does your party have in implementing real change? How many Constitutional amendments has your party authored? How many bills?

Libertarian Democracy

Back to top Go down

Post by SiriusKnight on Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:27 am

Less than another 4 hour shall mark the end of the January 2017 Senatorial Election. To those who haven vote yet, there is still time for you to vote for parties and candidates which is deem-to-be represent your rights in the Parliament of the Union. Although we, the Libertarian Party, might consider as a "rag-tag" party compare to the "Heavily-Experienced" Classical Liberal Party and the "Very Realistic" Realist Party, however if you willingly to give us a chance to prove ourselves, vote for us. The Libertarian Party will protect everyone's interest and rights which they uphold the  principle of liberty.
SiriusKnight

Back to top Go down

Presidential elections

Post by Nassau-Windsor on Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:02 pm

Ladies and gentlemen,

As you all very well know, the next presidential election is coming soon. With that in mind, I would like to ask the candidates to outline their policies. What makes you the candidate most fitted for the position? How will you co-operate with Parliament/Cabinet (even if you are from another party/an independent)? What kinds of legislation will you put forward to Parliament? And, most importantly to me, how do you see the relation between the administrative side of the game, and the executive branch of government within the game? Or, more directly, how do you see the relation between the President and myself, in my role as founder?

Nassau-Windsor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LROF on Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:58 am

Well my policies are simple they are whatever people want if you vote for me I will try as hard as I can to represent everyone needs and if there are two opposing sides I will try to find a middle ground  that we all can agree on and I will not allow a law to pass that invades on your nation's freedom unless the people want it what makes me most fitted for president is I am an active member of this region I have been in parliament for 1 term going on a second I have been in the region for a while so I know how things work and if you would like to know more please telegram Libertarian Republic of Freedom or write it up here and how I will I co-operate with parliament/cabinet even if they are from another party even if I am from an opposing party i will work with them because my job is to represent the people and not myself so no matter what my beliefs are it is your guyses opinions that matter the most the only legislation I will put forward in parliament is only legislation the people approve of  and I see the relationship between founder and the president as an important bond because I don't think that friction between two people in power isn't good i believe they should, in fact, be good allies.
Thank you for listening and please vote for Libertarian Republic of Freedom for president
LROF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sepharich on Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:25 am

VOTE LIBERTARIAN DEMOCRACY!
You should vote Libertarian Democracy for the following reasons:
1)Experience
Libertarian Democracy has been in this region for a long time and has filled the role of senator for eight terms, and president for four.
2)Ideals
Libertarian has kept this glorious region under wraps and safe for a very long time, and I believe we can keep it that way by voting for Libertarian Democracy.VOTE LIBERTARIAN DEMOCRACY!
You should vote Libertarian Democracy for the following reasons:
1)Experience
Libertarian Democracy has been in this region for a long time and has filled the role of senator for eight terms, and president for four.
2)Ideals
Libertarian has kept this glorious region under wraps and safe for a very long time, and I believe we can keep it that way by voting for Libertarian Democracy.
Sepharich

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=sepharich

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdoa on Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:06 am

As Prime Minister of the Union, I endorse Libertarian Democracy for President.
I have worked with LibDem for a long time now, and the close collaboration that we have had with each other has made both our jobs much easier. Experience is the key, I believe, to the continuing prosperity of the Union, and I can think of no one more experienced in regional management, in other regions as well as ours, that my colleague Libertarian Democracy.

It will be my pleasure to cast my vote for Libertarian Democracy for President.

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=abdoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Hashkin on Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:50 am

I officially withdraw my candaiture, and endorse LibDem

DEFCON
1  2  >>3<<  4 5

GIVE ME FREEDOM OR GIVE ME DEATH!!
Hashkin

Back to top Go down

Post by Islamic State Of Malaya on Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:04 pm

Vote for Islamic State Of Malaya as your next President. This region is inactive in a sense that our projects are not regularly discussed. For an example , the Regional Map. I still do not know the confirmation date of the release of the confirmed regional map. If i were to be your next President , I will make regional military and tax mandate for the interest of this region. I do not have any bills proposed and passed but i gave many possible implementations that can be made like the rules and regulations for the Regional Map. I will be an active member of this regiona nd will not let you down. VOTE FOR ISLAMIC STATE OF MALAYA NOW!!!!

Islamic State Of Malaya

Back to top Go down

Post by Sepharich on Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:31 pm

Because the Elections are tomorrow, I have a message.

Friends, citizens of TPUN. It is time for change. Abdoa has had a prosperous and glorious reign, but we need to see a new possibly more efficient way. If I become your Prime Minister, I promise to make our region as efficient, popular and great as possible. Here are some of the things I ensure.

- New, efficient administration.
- The creation of two new ministers, one for internal and external affairs.
- Many new committees to ensure maximum production and maximum advancement of our region.
- A more direct government that listens to the people more often.
- An official to Commend and Condemn the actions of Nations making good and bad decisions within our region.

I promise all of these things, as well as more as we go further into my term and things I may not be able to promise. Also, if you think I am not qualified, here is a list of my achievements in the 100 days I have played (https://www.nationstates.net/nation=sepharich/detail=factbook/id=779689). Thank you for actually reading my message, now please act on my message.

Sepharich, MoC
Sepharich

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=sepharich

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdoa on Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:58 am

I would like to remark that though Sepharich raises some valid points, I must point several things out here:

-new administration, especially in the case of Prime Minister, who is also Speaker of Parliament, is inherently chaotic for a while before things settle down. Do we want to run the risk of a new administration through that period of uncertainty?
-there are already Ministers for Internal Affairs such as the Ministers of Jurisprudence, Development, and Communication, and for External Affairs, such as the Minister of War. Adding more ministries would only further complicate an already complicated balancing act of duties. However, if re-elected, I would love to work with Sepharich and others about a potential reorganization of the ministries.
-We have perhaps one of the most member-input friendly regional governments on NationStates. The people had been able to participate an enormous amount throughout the history of our region: the Citizen's Forum, government committees, regional polls such as the most recent one on the flag, and most importantly, the elections.

Therefore, would voting for a change of Prime Minister really result in any further advancement of the region, or might we stagnate, reinventing processes that have already been pioneered and developed.

May I elaborate:
-Since becoming Senator in October 2015, I have voted in every single vote held in Parliament, excluding when I had resigned to ease into my rather sudden appointment as Prime Minister. Since January 2016, when I rejoined a languishing Parliament, I have been a constant in the ever changing landscape of our political roleplay; nations come and go, the Parliament has ever evolved, but I have always been there to set the pace as Speaker of Parliament.
-I have authored 13 out of the 47 bills in Parliament, the highest proportion in the Parliament. These dealt with such topics as:
     the right of the PEOPLE to a VOICE in lawmaking
     the procedure of RUNNING the PARLIAMENT
     the celebration of REGIONAL HOLIDAYS
     the preservation of the region's legislative HISTORY
     the FAIR ELECTION of Parliament and President
     the RIGHTS of the CITIZENS of our Union
amongst others.

But on another note, I have always been one of the first to listen and compromise: I am always open to the ideas and creativity of others. In fact, I rely on it to maintain such a diverse administration as I do. I have members of all three major political parties in my Cabinet, because we all have something to bring to the table.

If I am re-elected, I will continue to humbly serve the Union as I always have. If not, I will continue to represent the interests of the Union in all other ways that I can, for we deserve no less of all our members.

Though the new may be enticing, the old still stays on, and will do so even if overlooked. I reaffirm my pledge of all my services to the Union regardless of the outcome of this election.

Back to top Go down

Post by Islamic State Of Malaya on Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:14 am

Vote for Sepharich!!!

Islamic State Of Malaya

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomolia on Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:09 am

I endorse Abdoa! He's the right choice!

Thomolia

Back to top Go down

Post by Nassau-Windsor on Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:55 pm

General question to all parties and candidates for Parliament: What will you be doing in the 10th Parliament of Our Region to mark this especial anniversary?

Nassau-Windsor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdoa on Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:40 pm

I will be introducing, along with my co-author the Rt. Hon. Libertarian Democracy MP MoD LSM GSM a bill dealing with the Rights and Freedoms of Members of the Union.
I also have plans for a Union Culture and History Preservation Act, dedicated to ensuring that our archives are maintained - including those in the old region (where by puppet still stands guard).
To these extra-ordinary bills, will of course be added my various routine bills, such as amendments to various existing legislation, and general smoothing and clarification of the legislative process. The interests of the people are always at the heart of my bills.

Back to top Go down

Post by Libertarian Democracy on Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:07 am

I, along with my friend and colleague Thomolia, will be introducing a bill to organize regional sports competitions to further RP and regional activity.

Libertarian Democracy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top