The Parliamentary Union of Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Campaign Topic

+5
SiriusKnight
Islamic State Of Malaya
LROF
Thomolia
Libertarian Democracy
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Campaign Topic - Page 2 Empty Re: The Campaign Topic

Post by Thomolia Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:34 am

Exactly, and we're going to organize the biggest and most magnificent Olympic Games that the world has ever seen!Smile

Thomolia

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdoa Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:32 am

Hooray! I will gladly support that bill Smile
Abdoa
Abdoa

The Campaign Topic - Page 2 80px-Coronet_of_a_British_Baron.svg
The Campaign Topic - Page 2 06dW5co The Campaign Topic - Page 2 8rEF1Tb

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=abdoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomolia Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:47 pm

Based on an electoral system that allows a clear and informed choice and ensures both representation and government, we reaffirm the need to foster the formation of informed public opinion and to set up a unitary method of statistical survey by using Of appropriate standards based on specific weighting indices, promoting service conferences where different actors are positively confronted with project formulation and definition of intentions in order to ensure strategic governance and security in the future.

Thomolia

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdoa Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:08 pm

I am indeed interested, but could you please elaborate as to what this means concretely in terms of what we would have to do.
Abdoa
Abdoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomolia Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:12 pm

If you vote for the Reform Party, you are going to find out what I'm talking about.

Thomolia

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdoa Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:57 pm

Campaigning on an undefined idea seems to me, rather irresponsible, as the whole objective of this thread is to tell the voters and your fellow candidates - who could very likely be also in favor of your plans, helping to build the coalition needed to pass bills once elected - what you intend to do when you're elected.

For my part, I intend to work for the Rights and Freedoms of the citizens by introducing a bill - currently in development with the help of Libertarian Democracy - that will encode the speech, ideology, sovereignty, association freedoms, and the democratic, mobility, equality, and legal rights of the citizens of this Union. It will hopefully be ready early on in the next session for the senators to debate.
I also hope to be able to present a Cultural and Historical Preservation Act early next session to ensure the maintenance of our Union's archives, through founding a mechanism through which all the records in the old region are transferred to the forum, and maintained there, probably through a Parliamentary Commission.

Both these important bills to mark the tenth Parliament are well under way in drafting.
Abdoa
Abdoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomolia Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:33 pm

Ok

Thomolia

Back to top Go down

Post by Nassau-Windsor Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:39 pm

Here is what I will intend to do during the next session of Parliament:

• introduce a Bill that would create and maintain a Parliamentary Journal (i.e. a document that lists the proceedings of a Session of Parliament);
  • introduce a Bill/Constitutional Amendment that will give provisions for devolved legislation;
  • introduce a Bill that will allow the possibility to give certain positions/offices into commission;
  • introduce a Bill that will protect the integrity of the honour of Our Members;
  • introduce regulations for the representation from and to Our Region on NationStates;
  • introduce other proposals of law.
Nassau-Windsor
Nassau-Windsor
Admin

The Campaign Topic - Page 2 8rEF1Tb

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdoa Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:26 pm

An updated list on my part:
-a Union Charter of Rights and Freedoms
-a Union Cultural and Historical Preservation Act, as previously announced, which would create a commission to archive all aspects of the region's history and culture.
-an Official Translation Act, just in case we ever need to resolve this kind of language dispute - English will always remain the official Union language, but it would be good to provide some more framework for that
-a Refound Day Commemoration Act - Amendments to SO 2016-04 (June 4)
-an Electoral Dates and Procedures Act, which would reaffirm what is already stated in the Constitution in more concrete terms: elections start on the 23rd, the various terms (which always start on the first), etc.
-a Cultural Promotion Act, which would organize a commission for awards in contests in non-election months (short story, song, picture, and short film as possible themes)
-a Cultural Incentives Act, which would create a commission to solicit members to write articles for bi-annual Union Magazine, chair can recommend GSM
and possibly
-a Union Fiction Creation Act <- every year, we create a story together, from 1-10 each month, nations can submit possible chapters, then from 10-13 we vote on which chapter we should adopt. At the end, the story is attached to the WFE. This is an idea which I'd like to maybe discuss in the General Debate topic for the 10th parliament.
Abdoa
Abdoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2