The Parliamentary Union of Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SO 2017-23 Articles of Impeachment Against President Libertarian Republic of Freedom

4 posters

Go down

SO 2017-23 Articles of Impeachment Against President Libertarian Republic of Freedom Empty SO 2017-23 Articles of Impeachment Against President Libertarian Republic of Freedom

Post by Aralunya Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:17 pm

SO 2017-23

Articles of Impeachment
Against
President
Libertarian Republic of Freedom

I - Introduction

The Office of the Presidency is one of the most essential of Our Union and constitutionally charged by Article III, Section C to carry out several duties that require active engagement.

II - Reasons

Citing the lack of activity by our President, The Right Honourable Libertarian Republic of Freedom, has lead to an pile up of Bills passed by Our Parliament on his desk, showing a forsaking of his Constitutional Duties. Moreover, laxity of activity is not a quality that should be found in the Head of State of Our Union.

III - Conclusion

We, The Parliament of the Union, do hereby, pursuant to Article II, Section G of Our Constitution, begin impeachment proceedings against President Libertarian Republic of Freedom, and charge Prime Minster Sepharich to execute his constitutional duties, as defined in Article III, Section D, subsection 7 of Our Constitution.

April 11, 2017
Aralunya, Senator
Aralunya
Aralunya
Admin

SO 2017-23 Articles of Impeachment Against President Libertarian Republic of Freedom 8rEF1Tb

https://parliamentaryunion.forumotion.org

Back to top Go down

SO 2017-23 Articles of Impeachment Against President Libertarian Republic of Freedom Empty Re: SO 2017-23 Articles of Impeachment Against President Libertarian Republic of Freedom

Post by Libertarian Democracy Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:41 am

There does exists a precedent to impeaching inactive Presidents, I do think this is being interpreted wrongly. If I recall correctly, Fmr. Pres. The Pie Mines was impeached after weeks of not even logging in to NS. They might have even CTE'd.

In this case, we have a President who is inactive in their government duties, but is active on NS. At this time, President LROF was online less than 24 hours ago. However, they have not logged in to their forum account in nearly two weeks, and thus has not performed their government duties during that time.

I think before we move to impeach the President, we should at least contact them first. If they are unable to execute their government duties as President, then we should simply encourage them to follow the existing Precedent to devolve powers during extended periods of inactivity.
Libertarian Democracy
Libertarian Democracy

SO 2017-23 Articles of Impeachment Against President Libertarian Republic of Freedom 80px-Coronet_of_a_British_Baron.svg
SO 2017-23 Articles of Impeachment Against President Libertarian Republic of Freedom 06dW5co SO 2017-23 Articles of Impeachment Against President Libertarian Republic of Freedom 8rEF1Tb

Back to top Go down

SO 2017-23 Articles of Impeachment Against President Libertarian Republic of Freedom Empty Re: SO 2017-23 Articles of Impeachment Against President Libertarian Republic of Freedom

Post by Abdoa Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:12 am

The Pie Mines was never impeached - the bill never made it past the Debate Hall as his term expired the day after the bill proposing to impeach him put to a debate.

Also, I would like to inform the Parliament that since resuming the Speakership, I have sent a TG to the President about once a week informing him of bills waiting on his desk, the last being four days ago. I quickly received a response saying that he would deal with it. I am sending him another TG as soon as I post this - let's hope he responds.

Going forward, I would like to remind the Parliament that from the moment this bill receives a co-sponsor, we are defining precedent for impeachment proceedings, as they are not specifically referenced in the Procedure Orders, and the previous bill invoked by the Hon Libertarian Democracy never went beyond the Debate Hall. The path that this bill follows, if it reaches the Debate Hall, will define the way impeachment articles are treated in this Parliament until further rules are made specifically for them.
Abdoa
Abdoa

SO 2017-23 Articles of Impeachment Against President Libertarian Republic of Freedom 80px-Coronet_of_a_British_Baron.svg
SO 2017-23 Articles of Impeachment Against President Libertarian Republic of Freedom 06dW5co SO 2017-23 Articles of Impeachment Against President Libertarian Republic of Freedom 8rEF1Tb

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=abdoa

Back to top Go down

Post by LROF Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:03 am

I would like to apologize for my inactivity I was not near a computer for 3 days due to personal reasons I have been doing everything I can from the stately app for android that is my defense the word choice used here manipulates the situation to make me seem inadequate when in reality 4 bills is not a lot considering the number and the process my process for passing or vetoing is not the quickest in the world but I take my time so when my decision is final it is the right decision.
LROF
LROF

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdoa Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:46 am

I thank the Rt. Hon. Libertarian Republic of Freedom for his prompt response. Is the Parliament satisfied? and if so, will the author withdraw this bill, or proceed?
Abdoa
Abdoa

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=abdoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Aralunya Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:41 pm

I thank the Rt. Hon. Libertarian Republic for his urgent response. I hereby withdraw this bill.
Aralunya
Aralunya
Admin

SO 2017-23 Articles of Impeachment Against President Libertarian Republic of Freedom 8rEF1Tb

https://parliamentaryunion.forumotion.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down