The Parliamentary Union of Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SO 2017-35 World Factbook Entry Act

3 posters

Go down

SO 2017-35 World Factbook Entry Act Empty SO 2017-35 World Factbook Entry Act

Post by Abdoa Tue May 02, 2017 4:11 am

Senate of the Parliamentary Union
SO 2017-35
World Factbook Entry Act

WHEREAS the World Factbook Entry of the Union’s region is its face on NationStates;
WHEREAS its contents should therefore be regulated by law;
BE IT ENACTED by the President of the Union, by and with the advice and consent of the Senators of the Union, in this present Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:-

Article 1
The World Factbook Entry (WFE) of the Union’s region on NationStates should include the following items:
1. Any announcements, notifications, or notes deemed by the Founder and/or Prime Minister to be of utmost importance to the Union's welfare;
2. A list of the members serving as Founder, President, Prime Minister, Minister, and Senator, in such classification as is appropriate as per the Constitution;
3. A short greeting sentence;
4. A request to endorse the Prime Minister;
5. Any announcements, notifications, or notes relevant to regional activities or organizations that have been requested by Parliament, an Act of Parliament, or an Executive Order to be displayed on the WFE;
6. Any other announcements, notifications, or notes relevant to regional activities and/or organizations that have been requested by an official of the Union to be displayed on the WFE;

Article 2
As many of the items listed in Article 1 must be displayed on the WFE as is possible considering proper and economical formatting, with the earlier points taking precedence over later points.

Article 3
Both the Founder and the Prime Minister may alter the WFE to let it reflect the most current versions of the items listed in Article 1 as per the provisions of Article 2, but if they are in disagreement, the Founder's decision shall be final.

Article 4
The Founder or Prime Minister may refuse to comply with a request or order by Parliament, Act of Parliament, or Executive Order or by any other official mandating the display of an announcement, notification, or note relevant to regional activities or organizations as per Article 1 Clauses d or e, if the inclusion of such text would infringe on the display of previous items on the list in the said Article.

Article 5
The most current version of the Constitution of the Union must be pinned to the WFE at all times.

Article 6
Any other dispatch containing information relevant to regional activities and/or organizations may be pinned to the WFE by the Founder or the Prime Minister at their full discretion, but they must comply with all requests or orders by Parliament, Act of Parliament, or Executive Order, though not necessarily by another official, mandating that a dispatch containing information relevant to regional activities and/or organizations be pinned to the WFE.

Article 7
This Act may be cited as “[The] World Factbook Entry Act 2017”.

May 1, 2017
The Hon. Abdoa, MP LSM GSM, Speaker of Parliament

Last edited by Abdoa on Wed May 10, 2017 2:18 am; edited 4 times in total
Abdoa
Abdoa

SO 2017-35 World Factbook Entry Act 80px-Coronet_of_a_British_Baron.svg
SO 2017-35 World Factbook Entry Act 06dW5co SO 2017-35 World Factbook Entry Act 8rEF1Tb

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=abdoa

Back to top Go down

SO 2017-35 World Factbook Entry Act Empty Re: SO 2017-35 World Factbook Entry Act

Post by Nassau-Windsor Tue May 02, 2017 8:12 am

I think my Honourable friend [Abdoa] has once again shown his great value to Our Region by this Bill. There are however, two points I wish to make clear:

I wish to repeat that the length of the WFE is limited to an amount of characters. Therefore, it can be impossible to list all things mentioned in Article 1 at all times. Already I was faced with this when putting in the names of Members of Parliament, so, should the need be there, there is not a lot of space to add to it. Though, I also saw that my Hon. friend has included a provision for this problem in Article 2, I think that a possibility might be there in the future when a message is to be considered to be so important, that we agree that it has to take precedence over the greeting sentence (if that provides enough space to put in the entire message). Would my Hon. friend be willing to look into this?

Secondly, I carefully read the Bill and read that both the Prime Minister and the Founder may alter the WFE, but what will happen if the two disagree?
Nassau-Windsor
Nassau-Windsor
Admin

SO 2017-35 World Factbook Entry Act 8rEF1Tb

Back to top Go down

SO 2017-35 World Factbook Entry Act Empty Re: SO 2017-35 World Factbook Entry Act

Post by Libertarian Democracy Tue May 02, 2017 9:23 am

I agree with Nassau's points, however I also put in to question The Constitution, Article III, Section B, Clause 5, which reads, "The Founder has the right to alter the Regional Flag and the WFE." My question is whether or not to interpret this as The founder having the exclusive right to alter the WFE. Perhaps the author of the original Constitution could shed some light on its original intended meaning.
Libertarian Democracy
Libertarian Democracy

SO 2017-35 World Factbook Entry Act 06dW5co SO 2017-35 World Factbook Entry Act 8rEF1Tb

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdoa Tue May 02, 2017 4:04 pm

First, sorry about the misnumbering the bill as SO 2017-25.
Second, as someone who was the main WFE redactor for almost half a year, I am fully aware of the limits. Perhaps I should put a point before the first one for Emergency notifications, and move the greeting to under the Senators etc in the hierarchy of priority.
To LibDem, I can't check now, but isn't there another clause saying that the PM can alter the WFE in the constitution?

I am away from a computer right now, so will edit the bill later today/tonight. Thank you for the input!
Abdoa
Abdoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdoa Wed May 03, 2017 6:03 am

Also, as to potential conflict between the Prime Minister and Founder, I just added some text to Article 3 giving the Founder the final word.
Abdoa
Abdoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Nassau-Windsor Fri May 05, 2017 9:24 pm

As I read the current version of this Bill just minutes ago, and I do agree with the provisions, I do hereby ask to be added as a co-sponsor.
Nassau-Windsor
Nassau-Windsor
Admin

SO 2017-35 World Factbook Entry Act 8rEF1Tb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down