Candidate for Party Leadership YES, Vice Chair

DEFCON
1  2  >>3<<  4 5

GIVE ME FREEDOM OR GIVE ME DEATH!!
Hashkin

Back to top Go down

Re: First Classical Liberal Party Convention, June 11-19, 2017

Post by Libertarian Democracy on Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:01 am

@Hashkin, I will assume that your second ballot is the accurate one.

Thus, the results are:
Logo: (Current or St. Artica's) (0-6)
Mainfesto: (AYE or NAY) (6-0)
Charter: (AYE or NAY) (6-0)
With 86% (6 of 7) voter turnout.

For the Party Leadership Elections, two positions are filled by default due to the candidates running unopposed:
1) Chair: @Abdoa
2) General Secretary: @Libertarian_Democracy

They will begin their work once the next ballot has concluded.

The Final Ballot is for the position of Vice Chair.  Please use this format:
Code:
[quote][color=green][u]Vice-Chair:[/u] (Aralunya or Hashkin)[/color][/quote]

For Example, my ballot:
Vice-Chair: Aralunya

Again, this round of voting will end on 23:59 UTC on June 25th. At which time I will announce the results and adjourn this Convention with some closing remarks.
Libertarian Democracy

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdoa on Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:12 am

Vice-Chair:Hashkin

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=abdoa

Back to top Go down

Post by S:t Artica and the N.K. on Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:15 am

Could the candidates running for vice-chair make a short statement motivating their candidacy? I feel like I have little to base my vote upon.
S:t Artica and the N.K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hashkin on Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:59 am

Vice-Chair:Hashkin

@St. Artica, Well, I would try to use my powers to make a more active region. Using my powers to possiblt make a incentive for those who are active, and a punishment to those who are inactive. With more active people, we can make TPUN a very great region!

DEFCON
1  2  >>3<<  4 5

GIVE ME FREEDOM OR GIVE ME DEATH!!
Hashkin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aralunya on Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:28 pm

Vice-Chair:Aralunya

To all, my intention behind seeking this position is simple: support. The charter lays out that the chief duty of the Vice-Chair is to assist the Party Chair in his/her duties. This positions really comes with no bells and whistles and very little original power vested in it. In the chance that such powers are vested in the Vice-Chair, I believe I am the most suited to assume such powers and help guide the party to provide a fuller and more meaning experience for all the TPUN.
Aralunya
Admin

http://parliamentaryunion.forumotion.org

Back to top Go down

Post by S:t Artica and the N.K. on Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:45 am

Vice-Chair: Aralunya
S:t Artica and the N.K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Junastria on Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:45 pm

Well, i see a lot happening here.
I would love to have participated in the elections but my schedule doesnt allow. Moreover i see more efficient and active nations.
Proud to be in your party people, and thanx for not yet firing me, lol.
P.S. I like the new logo tooo.

Junastria

Back to top Go down

Post by Libertarian Democracy on Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:00 am

The results:
Vice-Chair: (Aralunya or Hashkin) (2-1)
With 43% voter turnout (3 of 7)

Congratulations to our new Vice-Chair!

Closing Remarks
I cannot fully express just how proud and optimistic I feel because of this Convention.  Before June 11th, 2017, our Party was little more than a designation on the Parliamentary Election ballot.  In the span of less than two weeks, we have evolved into an organized and unified political cooperative, poised to bring a regional development Renaissance to the Union.

For the first time, Classical Liberalism in this region has been defined by its members.  We have established our central tenets which we will use to guide ourselves and the Union as we work together to continue building up our region.  Freedom and Liberty, Government Efficiency, Integrity, Representation, Vision.  It is these principles, our principles, which will lead the Union to a brighter future.

In the first six months of our existence, we were largely unorganized. The CLP was led by one Party Founder, with no written purpose or structure to the party. That changes today. Today, we become the first party in the Union to have a democratic internal leadership and we are the first party in the Union to have democratically-chosen party principles.

And even though those accomplishments were astounding, even more was done. A noncompliance with an Act of Parliament was identified, and we also chose a new Party logo be the new face of a frankly new party. I never would have expected this Convention to be so productive.

The most amazing thing about this, to me, is how our Charter reflects our Manifesto. Freedom, Liberty, and Representation through democratic internal elections. Integrity through accountability. Vision through a plan for the future. Efficiency - Well, all this was accomplished in less than two weeks, and I'd say that's pretty amazing efficiency.

In the coming months between now and the next Convention, I would like to see even more participation from our members. Things like collaborative bill-writing come to mind, even with party members who aren't Senators. Whether or not you get elected to the regional government, we are all in this together and only us, united, can truly grow the Union.

With this, I hereby relinquish my powers as Party Leader to Abdoa, the democratically-elected Party Chair. As my first action as General-Secretary, I will call a meeting of the Executive Council, via TG, to get our leadership acquainted with this new and wonderful system of ours.

Sincerely,
Libertarian Democracy
Libertarian Democracy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top