The Parliamentary Union of Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Second Classical Liberal Party Convention, August 5-10, 2017 [CLP thread only]

4 posters

Go down

Second Classical Liberal Party Convention, August 5-10, 2017 [CLP thread only] Empty Second Classical Liberal Party Convention, August 5-10, 2017 [CLP thread only]

Post by Abdoa Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:13 am

Second Convention
Second Classical Liberal Party Convention, August 5-10, 2017 [CLP thread only] Nbrpdw
Welcome, to the Second Classical Liberal Party Convention! All members are invited to participate in the continuation of our democratic project.

As Party Chair, I would like to reiterate some of the achievements we have made since our last Convention almost two months ago:

• We have become the first party in the history of the Union to run candidates for Parliamentary and Prime Ministerial elections on a single, common platform, our Manifesto which we adopted at the last Convention.
  • In fulfilling that Manifesto, we have stood by our fellow citizen's rights and freedoms, as well as the legislation guaranteeing those rights and freedoms which we had passed earlier, and making sure that they aren't violated.
  • We implemented policy reforming the way the Cabinet works, strengthening its ties and accountability to Parliament, helping to solve the chronic problem of inactive government, and then passed legislation affirming those reforms. As Prime Minister, I have elaborated and recently updated a Twelve-Point Plan to keep all department of government busy for the length of my term in government and beyond, all the while catching up on the implementation of key legislation passed months ago that was neglected by the previous government.
  • Also in that Twelve-Point Plan, I placed a heavy emphasis on Citizen's Voice, the participation of the citizens of the Union in the big decisions on how to move forward together, notably in an Extraordinary Constitutional Convention which is scheduled to be called later this month, when people are getting back from summer recess.
  • In a concrete improvement of the casual communications system of the Union, we authored legislation creating the Union's very own Discord channel.

We will continue to move forward with our project for the future of the Union, united and together as a Party, but with the Union foremost in our minds.

Right, well now that's said, let's get this show on the road! The Convention will be split into two halves, the Debate Period on August 5-10, 2017, and the Voting Period on August 10-15, 2017, and we have a packed agenda, so here goes (please follow the color coding in your posts):

• Members may propose and then debate manifestos detailing a comprehensive platform for the upcoming Parliamentary Elections in the Debate Period which will be voted on in the Voting Period;
  • Members may propose amendments to this Charter in the Debate Period which will be voted on in the Voting Period;
  • Members may declare that they want to run for Parliament in the Debate Period (if there are less positions on each list up for placement, there shall be a primary for that list);
  • Members may declare candidacy for the various Party offices on the Executive Council (Chair, Vice-Chair, and General Secretary) in the Debate Period, the elections for which shall be held in the Voting Period;
  • A general debate shall be held on recruitment, outreach, and electoral strategies.

Here's the color coding key:
Code:
If you want to talk about something in general unrelated to the regular agenda, use regular font color.
If you are talking about a proposition for the Manifesto, surround that text in [color=red]{Your Text Here}[/color] tags.
If you are talking about Amendments to the Charter, surround that text in [color=green]{Your Text Here}[/color] tags.
If you are talking about candidacies for the upcoming Union (parliamentary) elections, surround that text in [color=blue]{Your Text Here}[/color] tags.
If you are talking about candidacies for the Party Executive Council, surround that text in [color=brown]{Your Text Here}[/color] tags.
If you are talking about recruitment and outreach strategies, surround that text in [color=violet]{Your Text Here}[/color] tags.
If you are talking about electoral strategies, surround the text in [color=orange]{Your Text Here}[/color] tags.

Last edited by Abdoa on Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Abdoa
Abdoa

Second Classical Liberal Party Convention, August 5-10, 2017 [CLP thread only] 80px-Coronet_of_a_British_Baron.svg
Second Classical Liberal Party Convention, August 5-10, 2017 [CLP thread only] 06dW5co Second Classical Liberal Party Convention, August 5-10, 2017 [CLP thread only] 8rEF1Tb

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=abdoa

Back to top Go down

Second Classical Liberal Party Convention, August 5-10, 2017 [CLP thread only] Empty Re: Second Classical Liberal Party Convention, August 5-10, 2017 [CLP thread only]

Post by Libertarian Democracy Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:14 am

Since I leave tomorrow for my vacation, this will likely be my only address to you all.  So there is much to cover.

First, I would like to welcome Bostler to the Party.  The most experienced cabinet member currently serving, Bostler has done an exemplary job of leading our Military.  We are all honoured to have you in our Party, and I hope that in the near future we can all work together to continue the CLP's historical role of bringing progress to the Union and building on tradition.

We had great electoral success with the last Prime Ministerial and Parliamentary Elections.  Our Party Chair Abdoa was elected as Prime Minister, and our entire electoral list for Parliament won seats.  Our Party has been the most active in the Parliament, and we have, in fact, proposed more legislation and amendments than all the other parties and independents combined.

Abdoa has done exceptional as Prime Minister!  Of his ambitious 12-point plan, we have so far made significant progress, having completely implemented SO#2017-14 "On Judicial Rights and Procedures" and SO#2017-35 "World Factbook Entry Act".  Along with the CLP Senators, Abdoa reformed and organized the Cabinet, including having all his appointments pass a Motion of Confidence.  A new cabinet position was also created, and all CLP Cabinet Ministers have made dispatches for their Ministries to make information more accessible to the citizens.

Another CLP Legislative achievement is the passage of SO#2017-60 "On Non-Governmental Organizations".  While it is yet to be signed by the President, we are confident that the President will see its merits just as the Parliament did, and will gladly add their signature.  As such, we need to prepare as a Party to become a registered NGO.  This will require amending our Charter, which I discuss further below.  The next Party Chair will file with the Ministry of Development for a Section A LONGO (Political NGO License), and the CLP will become the first lawfully registered Party, just as we were the first party to hold a Convention and the first party to have a Charter.

In closing, I want to want to reiterate how important it is that we continue with our professionalism and competence in how we approach governance.  The CLP is both the mortar and the bricks; we build this region and it is up to us to hold it up.  We must go into the next elections just as we have before.  We are the only serious party, and our members are the most accomplished civil servants of the Union.  It is imperative that we continue winning elections so we can continue accomplishing our goals and bringing progress to the region.

Last edited by Libertarian Democracy on Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Libertarian Democracy
Libertarian Democracy

Second Classical Liberal Party Convention, August 5-10, 2017 [CLP thread only] 80px-Coronet_of_a_British_Baron.svg
Second Classical Liberal Party Convention, August 5-10, 2017 [CLP thread only] 06dW5co Second Classical Liberal Party Convention, August 5-10, 2017 [CLP thread only] 8rEF1Tb

Back to top Go down

Second Classical Liberal Party Convention, August 5-10, 2017 [CLP thread only] Empty Re: Second Classical Liberal Party Convention, August 5-10, 2017 [CLP thread only]

Post by Libertarian Democracy Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:31 am

In order to comply with the NGO Act, I propose the following be appended to the Charter as Amendment I: "The Party shall register as a Section A NGO under SO#2017-60."

I will be seeking re-election as a Senator in the Union Parliament.

I will be running for re-election as General Secretary of the Party. I believe my experience with administrative work as President, Minister of Development, Minister of Jurisprudence, and as General Secretary of the Party demonstrates my ability and competence in keeping things running and organized. I wish to continue my work serving the members of this party in my capacity as General Secretary, and I ask for your vote.

As for our Manifesto, I believe our last Manifesto can be modified to reflect our accomplishments of the last two months. We can add more about our successes and stress how we are the only serious choice.
Libertarian Democracy
Libertarian Democracy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomolia Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:10 am

You're not the only party which proposed bills to the Parliament, my dear. So, before saying humbug, just inform:)

Thomolia

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdoa Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:29 am

Forgive me, sorry for a probably not very good phrasing; yes SO#2017-52 was introduced by a non-CLP member, yet a) it was completely rewritten on the Drafting Table after specific recommendations from myself and Libertarian Democracy, and b) about two-thirds of the bill that was ultimately passed was authored by myself as an amendment greatly broadening the scope of the law. And of course there's always the bills introduced by Nassau-Windsor, who sits as an independent, which I hope he will get back to soon Smile

Also, I will be running for Senator and Party Chair, as I believe my extensive experience in the Union throughout its history and in all its divisions makes me a good servant for the people whom, I reaffirm, we must always represent.

I support the proposed amendment to the Charter.

I agree with Libertarian Democracy's points on the Manifesto: I will come up with a revised version which I will introduce tomorrow.
Abdoa
Abdoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomolia Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:32 am

Just be more humble. That bill wasn't proposed by you. That's it:)

Thomolia

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdoa Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:01 am

I recognize that, but I would venture to point out that it does sometimes become blurred when only two laws out of the over thirty passed this year were introduced by members of a party that was not the CLP, both of which were in completely un-passable states and which then proceeded to be made presentable by myself and Libertarian Democracy: I refer also to the Regional Map Act, which is still possibly the most chaotic law in the Union, and whose vital parts were only added at the insistence of those who know the law of the Union like the back of their hands.

Also, I hope to clarify that I think this mis-assertion, for which I sincerely apologize to Netherking Land, was caused by the fact that the Democratic Unionist Party to which the author belongs hasn't yet contested an election, meaning that I think he was mistaken as still sitting as an independent.

Finally, though I am happy to continue this exchange somewhere else on the forums, I must issue a final warning to Thomolia for posting in other organizations' threads, an incident that has precedent in his case, and I respectfully request him to stop posting in CLP threads.
Abdoa
Abdoa

Back to top Go down

Post by S:t Artica and the N.K. Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:47 am

I am happy to announce that I will be running for Senator in the upcoming election

I believe that we need to increase our visibility in order to recruit more members. What I'm proposing is to work towards adding links to registered parties and organizations to the region's world factbook entry.  The CLP would have the advantage of being an organized and well-established party  

I think that we have to make use of the election results in one way or the other. How we could do that in the best way I don't know as of right now.
S:t Artica and the N.K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Libertarian Democracy Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:10 pm

I support St. Artica's idea of a WFE Party list. The MoD would maintain a list of NGOs, but not specifically a list for only parties. This action could be done my the MoD, the MoC, the Founder, the PM, or Parliament.
Libertarian Democracy
Libertarian Democracy

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdoa Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:17 am

Here's my amended manifesto that I am submitting to be voted on; please comment and make suggestions.
Abdoa
Abdoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Libertarian Democracy Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:59 am

Nice work, Abdoa. I have a few suggestions. First, for Item I, I would mention the Union Charter of Rights and Freedoms. Second, for Item IV, maybe mention how it was our people who made the Citizens Forum in the first place. Finally, for Item V,
I would like to see the Party lead a new revamped Recruitment initiative.
Libertarian Democracy
Libertarian Democracy

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdoa Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:56 am

Done!

Well, that concludes the Debate Period.

Members of the CLP, please fill out your ballots as per this sample ballot, selecting your choice from the ones listed:

Code:
[quote][color=red]To adopt the Manifesto proposed by Abdoa: AYE or NAY[/color]
[color=green]To adopt the Charter Amendment proposed by Libertarian Democracy: AYE or NAY[/color][/quote]

Abdoa and Libertarian Democracy are re-elected as Party Chair and General Secretary respectively by default. If you want to fill the Position of Vice-Chair, please TG me on NationStates as soon as possible.

The Voting Period will last as scheduled until Tuesday August 15, 2017. Please vote!

Here's our current list for Parliament (if you want to be added, please TG me on NationStates before the end of the Voting Period):
1) Libertarian Democracy
2) Abdoa
3) Saint Artica and the Nordic Kingdoms

Note: the Charter Amendment needs 2/3rds approval to be adopted.

Last edited by Abdoa on Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Abdoa
Abdoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdoa Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:57 am

To adopt the Manifesto proposed by Abdoa: AYE
To adopt the Charter Amendment proposed by Libertarian Democracy: AYE
Abdoa
Abdoa

Back to top Go down

Post by S:t Artica and the N.K. Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:58 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Libertarian Democracy Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:42 pm

Libertarian Democracy
Libertarian Democracy

Back to top Go down

Post by S:t Artica and the N.K. Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:00 pm

I hereby announce my candidacy for Vice-Chair of the Party. I wish to further help in the development of this party. Together we have already accomplished a lot and hopefully, we will continue to do so in the future. I promise to work for an active and growing party that can make a difference in the Union.

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdoa Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:42 am

The Voting Period is over, and the various results (3 valid votes out of 3 total) are as follows:

Manifesto: adopted 3-0
Charter Amendment: adopted 3-0

The following members are elected by default to the various party positions:

Chair: Abdoa
Vice-Chair: Saint Artica and the Nordic Kingdoms
General Secretary: Libertarian Democracy

The following list is approved for the August 2017 parliamentary elections:

1) Libertarian Democracy
2) Abdoa
3) Saint Artica and the Nordic Kingdoms
4) Aralunya
5) Hashkin

I warmly welcome the new member of our Executive Council, Saint Artica and the Nordic Kingdoms, who will serve as Vice-Chair, and in closing, I would like to remind all the members of our party of how important our mission is: we must continue to fight inactivity and promote the region abroad, and always uphold the ideals listed in our Manifesto, the law of the region, and the Constitution before all else.

Thank you to those who participated; and I hope to see you again in two months for our October convention.
Abdoa
Abdoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down