Management Committee Topic for the 12th Session of Parliament (September 2017-October 2017)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Management Committee Topic for the 12th Session of Parliament (September 2017-October 2017)

Post by Abdoa on Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:39 am

"The Management Committee will hereby report on how a bill will affect the organization and functions of government" (SO 2017-11.IV.C.3).

The following members are hereby appointed to the Management Committee for the duration of the 12th Parliament until it is dissolved on October 31, 2017:

-The Rt. Hon. Leader of Parliament Aralunya, MP LSM, Committee Chair
-The Rt. Hon. Minister of Communications Sepharich, MP
-The Hon. Saint Artica and the Nordic Kingdoms, MP

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=abdoa

Back to top Go down

Re: Management Committee Topic for the 12th Session of Parliament (September 2017-October 2017)

Post by Aralunya on Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:12 pm

Members of the Committee, Senators of Parliament, Ministers of Government, Mr. Prime Minister, Mr. President, and all Citizens of the Union,

As Chair of this Management Committee, I hereby open its first ever hearing(s) into the the Constitutional Amendments being discussed by the Extraordinary Constitution Convention of 2017. I beg the pardon of the Minster of Jurisprudence, Libertarian Democracy, for beginning this process late, as this should have begun last week. I humbly ask the Minister, as Chair of the ECC, to please hold off proceeding with voting until after we can report Amendments from this Committee to the Convention.

With that, let's get started.

The First Order of Business:

SO#2015-11 ("Reducing Constitutional Ambiguity"):
ARTICLE I: Preface

In an effort to reduce ambiguity within the provisions of the Constitution of the Union, we, the Parliament of the Union,  hereby enact the provisions of this document as a Constitutional Amendment.

ARTICLE II: Amendments to Article I of the Constitution of the Union

Section A: Amend “Article I, Section B, Subsection 2”

We move to amend Article I, Section B, Subsection 2 of the Constitution to contain the new text:
“A Member’s posts on the RMB may be suppressed by the Founder or Prime Minister, accompanied by a warning, if they are deemed derogatory, at the aforementioned officials discretion.  The Judicial System may order the suppression of one or more posts at its discretion”

Section B: Amend “Article I, Section C, Subsection 1”

We move to amend Article I, Section C, Subsection 2 of the Constitution to contain the new text:
“The Judicial System may revoke the right to vote in elections, either temporarily or permanently, but only as part of a punishment for a nation convicted of a crime”

Section C: Add “Article I, Section D, Subsection 1”

We move to add the following to the Constitution as Article I, Section D, Subsection 1:
“Any nation that CTEs during their term as a member of Parliament or the Government shall automatically lose their position”

Section D: Add 'Article I, Section D, Subsection 2'

We move to add the following to the Constitution as Article I, Section D, Subsection 2:
"No member may create a puppet nation so they can have two concurrent Government or Senator positions in the Union. Upon first offense, the member, and all puppets thereof, will lose their government position if already a member of the government or Parliament, and be permanently barred from being elected or appointed to Government or Parliamentary positions. Upon the second offense, the member and all residing puppets thereof shall be permanently banned from the Union."

ARTICLE III: Amendments to Article II of the Constitution of the Union

Section A: Amend “Article II, Section H”

We move to amend Article II, Section H of the Constitution the contain the new text:
“Parliament may not pass a law that targets or restricts the freedom of any one resident, or one that removes or orders the removal of a resident from the region”

ARTICLE IV: Amendments to Article III of the Constitution of the Union

Section A: Amend “Article III, Section A”

We move to amend Article III, Section A of the Constitution to contain the new text:
“The Executive Branch of the Parliamentary Union of Sovereign States shall consist of the Founder, President, Prime Minister, and Cabinet, and shall also be known as the Government”

Section B: Amend “Article III, Section B, Subsection 1”

We move to amend Article III, Section B, Subsection 1 of the Constitution to contain the new text:
“However, he will maintain minimal interference in the Government and Parliament, will obey the decisions of the Parliament, and will  respect the actions and decisions of the other Executive Officials and the Judicial System”

Section C: Amend “Article III, Section B, Subsection 2”

We move to amend Article III, Section B, Subsection 2 of the Constitution to contain the new text:
“The Founder will control the elections via Regional Polls, and shall call emergency elections upon the resignation, impeachment, removal, or CTE of an elected official.

Section D: Amend “Article III, Section B, Subsection 3”

We move to amend Article III, Section B, Subsection 3 of the Constitution to contain the new text:
“The Founder, at his discretion, has the authority to lock the Region by placing a password on the region if a threat is perceived.  The password may be visible or invisible to the members of the union, at the Founder’s discretion”

Section E: Amend “Article III, Section B, Subsection 5”

We move to amend Article III, Section B, Subsection 5 of the Constitution to contain the new text:
“The Founder has the right to alter the Regional Flag and the WFE, however, may be ordered by Parliament to set a certain flag to remain for a period of six weeks”

Section F: Amend “Article III, Section C, Subsection 3”

We move to amend Article III, Section C, Subsection 3 of the Constitution to contain the new text:
“The President can veto or sign acts of Parliament”

Section G: Amend “Article III, Section C, Subsection 7”

We move to amend Article III, Section C, Subsection 7 of the Constitution to contain the new text:
“The President may appoint Ambassadors to allied regions whose Founder, WA Delegate, or Regional Officers request one”

Section H: Add “Article III, Section C, Subsection 8”

We move to add the following to the Constitution as Article III, Section C, Subsection 8:
“The President may only appoint Members of the Union.  The President may only appoint a Member if the Member in question agrees to uphold the duties and responsibilities of the position the Member is to be appointed to”

Section J: Amend “Article III, Section E, Subsection 2”

We move to amend Article III, Section E, Subsection 2 of the Constitution to contain the new text:
“Cabinet Members may not hold any other position in the Executive Branch”

ARTICLE V: Conclusion

We, the Parliament of the Union, enact this document and its provisions as an Amendment to the Constitution of the Union, and order the Founder to update the Constitution exactly as mandated by the provisions of this document, and in a timely manner.

I invite anyone to discuss how this amendment may affect the organization and functioning of the Government. Debate will be open for 48 hours, unless the members of the Committee unanimously agree to close debate.
Aralunya
Admin

http://parliamentaryunion.forumotion.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Management Committee Topic for the 12th Session of Parliament (September 2017-October 2017)

Post by S:t Artica and the N.K. on Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:14 pm

I am strongly in favor of this amendment. Reducing the ambiguity of the constitution is a necessity, not only to get new members to understand the constitution but for government to run smoothly even if a member in office is inexperienced in interpreting the constitution. This amendment will clarify much and thus make government work run more effective with fewer misunderstandings.
S:t Artica and the N.K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aralunya on Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:12 pm

Included in Debate are the following Amendments, which are on the Table in the ECC Proceedings.

Amendment I, Abdoa-
To strike Section C of Article IV from the proposal currently at debate (Item 2: SO#2015-11).

Amendment II, Abdoa-
To strike the following text from Section D of Article II of the proposal currently at debate (Item 2: SO#2015-11):
"Upon first offense, the member, and all puppets thereof, will lose their government position if already a member of the government or Parliament, and be permanently barred from being elected or appointed to Government or Parliamentary positions. Upon the second offense, the member and all residing puppets thereof shall be permanently banned from the Union."

Amendment III, Abdoa-
To amend Section H of Article IV of the proposal currently at debate (Item 2: SO#2015-11) to read as follows:
"We move to add the following to the Constitution as Article III, Section C, Subsection 7, Clause a:
“The President may only appoint Members of the Union to the aforesaid position. The President may only appoint such a Member if the Member in question agrees to uphold the duties and responsibilities of the position the Member is to be appointed to”".

Amendment IV, Abdoa-
To replace the word "States" in Section A of Article IV of the proposal currently at debate (Item 2: SO#2015-11) with the word "Nations".

Amendment V, Abdoa-
To add the following text as Article V of of the proposal currently at debate (Item 2: SO#2015-11) while renumbering the existing Article V as Article VI:
"Article V: Amendments to Article IV of the Constitution of the Union
Section A: Renumbering
To replace the designations of the current Sections 1, 2, and 3 of Article VI of the Constitution with the designations of Sections A, B and C of the aforesaid Article."
Aralunya
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S:t Artica and the N.K. on Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:16 pm

In light of these new amendments to the proposed amendments, I do not wish to withdraw my previous response. However, I would like to comment on:

Abdoa wrote:
To strike the following text from Section D of Article II of the proposal currently at debate (Item 2: SO#2015-11):
"Upon first offense, the member, and all puppets thereof, will lose their government position if already a member of the government or Parliament, and be permanently barred from being elected or appointed to Government or Parliamentary positions. Upon the second offense, the member and all residing puppets thereof shall be permanently banned from the Union."

by saying that I believe it to be correct to strike out this part of the proposal. Even though clear procedures for different offenses help to ease the work of the Judicial Branch and are therefore favorable, I do not believe such shall exist within the constitution. The constitution is meant for establishing the fundamentals of the Union.

If my fellow committee members do not wish to discuss this topic further, I move to suspend the debate and proceed to the voting of the committee.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aralunya on Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:40 pm

I agree with the assessments of my colleague. I find no reason to continue debate on the current item. I also believe that the original call for 48 hours has already elapsed.

Debate is closed and the Question is on SO#2015-11 ("Reducing Constitutional Ambiguity) with the included Amendments.

ARTICLE I: Preface

In an effort to reduce ambiguity within the provisions of the Constitution of the Union, we, the Parliament of the Union,  hereby enact the provisions of this document as a Constitutional Amendment.

ARTICLE II: Amendments to Article I of the Constitution of the Union

Section A: Amend “Article I, Section B, Subsection 2”

We move to amend Article I, Section B, Subsection 2 of the Constitution to contain the new text:
“A Member’s posts on the RMB may be suppressed by the Founder or Prime Minister, accompanied by a warning, if they are deemed derogatory, at the aforementioned officials discretion.  The Judicial System may order the suppression of one or more posts at its discretion”

Section B: Amend “Article I, Section C, Subsection 1”

We move to amend Article I, Section C, Subsection 2 of the Constitution to contain the new text:
“The Judicial System may revoke the right to vote in elections, either temporarily or permanently, but only as part of a punishment for a nation convicted of a crime”

Section C: Add “Article I, Section D, Subsection 1”

We move to add the following to the Constitution as Article I, Section D, Subsection 1:
“Any nation that CTEs during their term as a member of Parliament or the Government shall automatically lose their position”

Section D: Add 'Article I, Section D, Subsection 2'

We move to add the following to the Constitution as Article I, Section D, Subsection 2:
"No member may create a puppet nation so they can have two concurrent Government or Senator positions in the Union. Upon first offense, the member, and all puppets thereof, will lose their government position if already a member of the government or Parliament, and be permanently barred from being elected or appointed to Government or Parliamentary positions. Upon the second offense, the member and all residing puppets thereof shall be permanently banned from the Union." Amendment II

ARTICLE III: Amendments to Article II of the Constitution of the Union

Section A: Amend “Article II, Section H”

We move to amend Article II, Section H of the Constitution the contain the new text:
“Parliament may not pass a law that targets or restricts the freedom of any one resident, or one that removes or orders the removal of a resident from the region”

ARTICLE IV: Amendments to Article III of the Constitution of the Union

Section A: Amend “Article III, Section A”

We move to amend Article III, Section A of the Constitution to contain the new text:
“The Executive Branch of the Parliamentary Union of Sovereign States Nations shall consist of the Founder, President, Prime Minister, and Cabinet, and shall also be known as the Government” Amendment IV

Section B: Amend “Article III, Section B, Subsection 1”

We move to amend Article III, Section B, Subsection 1 of the Constitution to contain the new text:
“However, he will maintain minimal interference in the Government and Parliament, will obey the decisions of the Parliament, and will  respect the actions and decisions of the other Executive Officials and the Judicial System”

Section C: Amend “Article III, Section B, Subsection 2”

We move to amend Article III, Section B, Subsection 2 of the Constitution to contain the new text:
“The Founder will control the elections via Regional Polls, and shall call emergency elections upon the resignation, impeachment, removal, or CTE of an elected official.
Amendment I

Section D: Amend “Article III, Section B, Subsection 3”

We move to amend Article III, Section B, Subsection 3 of the Constitution to contain the new text:
“The Founder, at his discretion, has the authority to lock the Region by placing a password on the region if a threat is perceived.  The password may be visible or invisible to the members of the union, at the Founder’s discretion”

Section E: Amend “Article III, Section B, Subsection 5”

We move to amend Article III, Section B, Subsection 5 of the Constitution to contain the new text:
“The Founder has the right to alter the Regional Flag and the WFE, however, may be ordered by Parliament to set a certain flag to remain for a period of six weeks”

Section F: Amend “Article III, Section C, Subsection 3”

We move to amend Article III, Section C, Subsection 3 of the Constitution to contain the new text:
“The President can veto or sign acts of Parliament”

Section G: Amend “Article III, Section C, Subsection 7”

We move to amend Article III, Section C, Subsection 7 of the Constitution to contain the new text:
“The President may appoint Ambassadors to allied regions whose Founder, WA Delegate, or Regional Officers request one”

Section H: Add “Article III, Section C, Subsection 8”

We move to add the following to the Constitution as Article III, Section C, Subsection 8 7, Clause a:
“The President may only appoint Members of the Union to the aforesaid position.  The President may only appoint such a Member if the Member in question agrees to uphold the duties and responsibilities of the position the Member is to be appointed to” Amendment III

Section J: Amend “Article III, Section E, Subsection 2”

We move to amend Article III, Section E, Subsection 2 of the Constitution to contain the new text:
“Cabinet Members may not hold any other position in the Executive Branch”

Article V. Amendments to Article IV of the Constitution of the Union

Section A: Renumbering

[We move] To replace the the designations of the current Sections 1, 2, and 3 of Article IV of the Constitution with the designations of Sections A, B, and C of the aforesaid Article. Amendment V

ARTICLE VVI: Conclusion

We, the Parliament of the Union, enact this document and its provisions as an Amendment to the Constitution of the Union, and order the Founder to update the Constitution exactly as mandated by the provisions of this document, and in a timely manner.
Aralunya
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aralunya on Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:41 pm

The Chair votes Aye.
Aralunya
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S:t Artica and the N.K. on Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:14 pm

Saint Artica and the N.K votes Aye.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aralunya on Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:43 pm

Hearing no other votes, I close the vote on SO#2015-11 as Amended and record the vote as follows:

In Favor: 2
In Opposition: 0
In Absence: 1

The Second Item of Debate is SO#2015-07:

SO#2015-07 "Deputy Prime Minister Act" :
WHEREAS: the activities of this Parliament should not be interrupted by the absence of its chair;

WHEREAS: currently there is no provision for the continuance of the activities of this Parliament during the absence of its chair, the Prime Minister;

WHEREAS: this Bill allows the activities of this Parliament to proceed as normal during an absence, whether planned or unplanned, of the Prime Minister, be it therefore

ORDERED: that the following clause shall be inserted into the Constitution of this Union as part of Article 3, Section D, Subsection 3:

"Clause a: in the event that the Prime Minister is absent for more than two days, the Senator with the most votes at the last regional election is charged with calling a vote in Parliament to choose a Deputy Prime Minister from among the incumbent Senators of this Union."

No Amendments were tabled during the ECC Debate. Debate on SO#2017-07 will last 48 hours or until the Committee Members, by unanimous consent, vote to suspend and close debate.
Aralunya
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S:t Artica and the N.K. on Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:31 am

According to my understanding, no plan to remove the position Speaker Pt has been made. This would be most problematical, as we would have two positions with many of the same responsibilities. This would most likely cause confusion and misunderstandings regarding who should stand in for the PM and which duties they should perform.This would, in turn, slow down government proceedings, making parliament less effective in the absence of the Prime Minister. If these two positions would cooperate in perfect sync and have clear communication between one another, this system could potentially work. However, that is very unlikely to occur.

Either you remove or rename the position of Speaker Pt. in order to introduce the term Deputy Prime Minister, but both cannot exist simultaneously.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aralunya on Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:35 am

I concur with the above statements. It also did not appear that this Amendment was going to pass on the ECC, anyways. In terms of the purview of this Committee, this Amendment will slow down Government effectiveness by creating confusion in regards as to who takes over in the PMs Absence. Either the SpT or the Deputy PM position can exist, but not both, at least how they both currently being written to function.
Aralunya
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S:t Artica and the N.K. on Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:50 pm

If the Rt. Hon. Sepharich do not wish to comment, I suggest that we suspend the debate and proceed to the voting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aralunya on Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:33 am

Hearing no object, the Chair closes debate.

The Chair opens voting on the Question of SO#2015-07 "Deputy Prime Minister Act"

WHEREAS: the activities of this Parliament should not be interrupted by the absence of its chair;

WHEREAS: currently there is no provision for the continuance of the activities of this Parliament during the absence of its chair, the Prime Minister;

WHEREAS: this Bill allows the activities of this Parliament to proceed as normal during an absence, whether planned or unplanned, of the Prime Minister, be it therefore

ORDERED: that the following clause shall be inserted into the Constitution of this Union as part of Article 3, Section D, Subsection 3:

"Clause a: in the event that the Prime Minister is absent for more than two days, the Senator with the most votes at the last regional election is charged with calling a vote in Parliament to choose a Deputy Prime Minister from among the incumbent Senators of this Union."

Voting will last 36 hours.
Aralunya
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aralunya on Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:33 am

The Chair votes Nay.

Last edited by Aralunya on Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Aralunya
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S:t Artica and the N.K. on Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:36 pm

Saint Artica and the N.K votes Nay.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aralunya on Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:34 pm

Seeing no other votes, The Chair closes the vote and records as follows:

In Favor: 0
In Opposition: 2
In Absence: 1

Debate in now open for SO#2016-09 ("Ending Limitations on Debate Numbers"):

SO#2016-09 ("Ending Limitations on Debate Numbers"):
An Act to make an end to a specific, limited, number of Bills that can be reviewed or debated at the same time.

WHEREAS Our Constitution has regulated that Parliament can only review one Bill at any time;

WHEREAS We believe that Parliament has the ability to regulate their orders and procedures themselves;

WHEREAS We think that the quality of the debate on Bills is not influenced by the quantity of Bills being debated;

BELIEVING that by restricting Parliament to debate only a specific, limited, number of Bills at any time, the Executive Branch of government might influence the proceedings of the Legislative Branch;

FURTHER BELIEVING that by restricting Parliament to debate only a specific, limited, limited number of Bills at any time, the legislative process of Our Region slows down unnecessary;

GIVEN that at the moment of writing this Bill, the limited number of Bills that can be debated at any specific time is one (1) Bill;

BE IT ENACTED by the Minister of Development, by and with the advice and consent of Parliament and the Cabinet, in this present assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:-

Article 1
Section I of Article II from Our Constitution shall hereby be repealed.

Article 2
There will be added a new Section to Article II from Our Constitution that shall read as follows:-

"Parliament shall have the right to debate Bills at any time from the moment they are brought to the Debate Hall. There shall be no restrictions on the total number of Bills debated at any same time."

No Amendments were included in the ECC. Debate will last 36 hours.
Aralunya
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S:t Artica and the N.K. on Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:41 pm

I must admit that I am split on the matter. The bill could increase efficiency in parliament by having the option to debate more than one bill at a time. It could on the other hand also cause confusion and an increased workload for the PM (or Speaker Pt.), who is responsible for keeping track on debate schedules, amendments etc. In that regard, it risks slowing down the work of parliament.

Perhaps an increased limit on the number of bills in debate shall be considered in the future. For example 2, that would still increase efficiency but not demand too much of the PM. However, the amendment in its present form, that allows for infinite numbers of bills in the debate hall, could possibly have the reversed effect and slow down parliament.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aralunya on Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:24 pm

The suggestion will be noted in the final committee report.

I am unsure about this Amendment. Yes, it could be nice to have Parliament have official debate on more than one bill, bu up to now, it hasn't been a problem and I don't foresee it being one. We have procedures in place that allow us to expedite the legislative process, and therefore, not run into issues with too many bills queued for debate at once.
Aralunya
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aralunya on Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:13 pm

Seeing no other debate, I close debate and open the vote on SO#2016-09 ("Ending Limitation on Debate Numbers")
An Act to make an end to a specific, limited, number of Bills that can be reviewed or debated at the same time.

WHEREAS Our Constitution has regulated that Parliament can only review one Bill at any time;

WHEREAS We believe that Parliament has the ability to regulate their orders and procedures themselves;

WHEREAS We think that the quality of the debate on Bills is not influenced by the quantity of Bills being debated;

BELIEVING that by restricting Parliament to debate only a specific, limited, number of Bills at any time, the Executive Branch of government might influence the proceedings of the Legislative Branch;

FURTHER BELIEVING that by restricting Parliament to debate only a specific, limited, limited number of Bills at any time, the legislative process of Our Region slows down unnecessary;

GIVEN that at the moment of writing this Bill, the limited number of Bills that can be debated at any specific time is one (1) Bill;

BE IT ENACTED by the Minister of Development, by and with the advice and consent of Parliament and the Cabinet, in this present assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:-

Article 1
Section I of Article II from Our Constitution shall hereby be repealed.

Article 2
There will be added a new Section to Article II from Our Constitution that shall read as follows:-

"Parliament shall have the right to debate Bills at any time from the moment they are brought to the Debate Hall. There shall be no restrictions on the total number of Bills debated at any same time."

Voting will last 24 hours.
Aralunya
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aralunya on Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:13 pm

The Chair Votes Nay.
Aralunya
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S:t Artica and the N.K. on Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:46 pm

Saint Artica and the N.K votes Nay.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aralunya on Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:18 pm

I close the vote and it will be recorded as 2 in opposition and I absent.

I now open debate on SO#2017-21 "Joint Appointment of the Minister of Jurisprudence Act

Article I: Introduction
Noting the many increased authority of the Minister and Ministry of Jurisprudence over matters relating the security and wellbeing of the Union and Constitution, and wishing to prevent the undue abuse of that authority, we, the Parliament of the Union, move to guard the Ministry of Jurisprudence from such exposure to malfeasance.

Article II: Amendments
The following text shall be appended as a point to Article III, Section E, Subsection 3, Clause b of the Constitution:
“Point i: The Founder shall have the authority to dismiss the Minister of Jurisprudence if the holder of that position has shown a considerable lack of understanding or application in the exercise of his functions.”

Article III: Conclusion
We, the Parliament and People of the Union, enact the provisions of this Act into law as an Amendment to the Constitution of the Union, and order that the appropriate changes to official documents referenced in this Act be carried out in a timely fashion.

Debate will last 36 hours.
Aralunya
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S:t Artica and the N.K. on Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:39 pm

I do believe that region shall exercise a policy of checks and balances and in that regard, I believe that this amendment from could protect from potential abuse from the Minister of Jurisprudence.

However, I am concerned that the Founder unopposed are able to dismiss the MoJ. As there is no way stopping such procedures. I am not saying that the Founder would, but he could apply various numbers of interpretations of what "a considerable lack of understanding or application in the exercise of his functions" might be, to fit his motives and unopposed dismiss the MoJ. In order to ensure checks and balances, the Founder should be able to dismiss the MoJ in order to ensure safety, but the decision should be reversible by a 2/3 majority in parliament if the dismissal is based on false grounds.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aralunya on Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:23 pm

I just don't see a need for the Proposal before this committee. The MoJ can be removed unilaterally by the Prime Minister or impeached/removed by Parliament. I see no reason to invest the same power in the un-elected position of Founder.
Aralunya
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S:t Artica and the N.K. on Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:00 pm

Aralunya wrote:I just don't see a need for the Proposal before this committee. The MoJ can be removed unilaterally by the Prime Minister or impeached/removed by Parliament. I see no reason to invest the same power in the un-elected position of Founder.

I must admit I was unaware of this before now. But knowing this now I fully agree with you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top