The Parliamentary Union of Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SO 2017-91 Motion to Impeach the President

5 posters

Go down

SO 2017-91 Motion to Impeach the President Empty SO 2017-91 Motion to Impeach the President

Post by Libertarian Democracy Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:51 am

SO#2017-91
Motion to Impeach the President

Article I: Introduction
Under the powers vested in this body by Article II, Section G of the Constitution, and for the reasons enumerated herein, we, the Parliament of the Union, do hereby move to order the Speaker of Parliament begin proceedings to impeach The Right Honourable President Nassau-Windsor, MP LSM from the office of the President of the Union.

Article II: Justification
We do hereby recognize the following items as the justifications of this Motion:

1. The President has failed to display an acceptable level of activity in striking contrast to the precedent set by the resignation of the former holder of the office thereof, The Honourable Lhistonia, MP.  We do note that as of 20 December 2017 the incumbent has not logged in to their NationStates account in eleven days and has not logged in to their forums account in twenty-six days.
2. The President has failed to put forth any significant effort to execute an essential Act of Parliament lawfully passed by Parliament and subsequently given assent by the previous President on 30 October 2017, SO#2017-76 ("New Recruitment Initiative Act"), in their thirty-one days in office.

We additionally note that this bill is proposed during a State of Emergency enacted by SO#2017-90.

Article III: Procedure
1. Immediately following the passage of this Motion, the Speaker of Parliament shall open a thread in the Citizens' Forum and at least five (5) but no more than seven (7) days shall be allotted for public comments on potential impeachment of the sitting President.
2. Immediately following the conclusion of the public comment period, the Speaker of Parliament shall hold a formal Vote of Impeachment among the Senators against the sitting President, and shall last for five (5) days.
3. If the Vote of Impeachment achieves five or more votes in favor, The Honourable President Nassau-Windsor, MP LSM shall be considered impeached from the office of the President of the Union and shall immediately be stripped of all powers, duties, privileges, and titles associated with that position, and a Special Election shall be called to fill the vacancy under the following special procedure which shall supersede all other procedures in this case only:
A: the Speaker of Parliament shall publicly announce on the RMB that a Special Election will be held.  From that moment, there will be seventy-two (72) hours for members to publicly announce their candidacy on the RMB.
B: if there is only one valid candidacy by the end of the announcement period, that candidate shall automatically become the President and no election shall be held.
C: if there are multiple candidates, normal procedures shall apply.

Article IV: Conclusion
We, the Parliament of the Union, do hereby enact the above provisions as a Motion under SO#2017-26 ("Parliamentary Motions Act").

20 December 2017
The Right Honourable Minister of Jurisprudence Libertarian Democracy, RO MP LSM GSM
The Right Honourable Leader of Parliament Abdoa, MP LSM GSM

Debate Scheduled 21 - 24 December 2017

Last edited by Libertarian Democracy on Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Libertarian Democracy
Libertarian Democracy

SO 2017-91 Motion to Impeach the President 80px-Coronet_of_a_British_Baron.svg
SO 2017-91 Motion to Impeach the President 06dW5co SO 2017-91 Motion to Impeach the President 8rEF1Tb

Back to top Go down

SO 2017-91 Motion to Impeach the President Empty Re: SO 2017-91 Motion to Impeach the President

Post by S:t Artica and the N.K. Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:20 am

I agree with the Rt. Hon. authors, the president has failed to live up to the expectations. As a result of the alarming situation within the union, I want to make this process as quick as possible. Therefore, I move to suspend the debate and proceed to the voting.
S:t Artica and the N.K.
S:t Artica and the N.K.

Back to top Go down

SO 2017-91 Motion to Impeach the President Empty Re: SO 2017-91 Motion to Impeach the President

Post by Hashkin Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:02 pm

I second the proposal to move this bill to a vote
Hashkin
Hashkin

SO 2017-91 Motion to Impeach the President 8rEF1Tb

Back to top Go down

Post by Aralunya Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:42 pm

I also second the motion.
Aralunya
Aralunya
Admin

SO 2017-91 Motion to Impeach the President 8rEF1Tb

https://parliamentaryunion.forumotion.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdoa Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:27 pm

I also second the motion. I believe that it is no longer time for waiting on this issue: we cannot let the Union slip further into disarray and oblivion.
Abdoa
Abdoa

SO 2017-91 Motion to Impeach the President 06dW5co SO 2017-91 Motion to Impeach the President 8rEF1Tb

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=abdoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Libertarian Democracy Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:31 pm

I additionally second the motion.

The Motion to Pass to a Vote proposed by Senator Saint Artica and the Nordic Kingdoms has gained the requisite co-sponsorships and is therefore sustained. Please go vote!
Libertarian Democracy
Libertarian Democracy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down