The Parliamentary Union of Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Constitutional Amendment: Limited number of debates

4 posters

Go down

Constitutional Amendment: Limited number of debates Empty Constitutional Amendment: Limited number of debates

Post by Nassau-Windsor Tue May 10, 2016 8:19 am

Constitutional amendment: Ending limitations on debate numbers

An Act to make an end to a specific, limited, number of Bills that can be reviewed or debated at the same time.

WHEREAS Our Constitution has regulated that Parliament can only review one Bill at any time;

WHEREAS We believe that Parliament has the ability to regulate their orders and procedures themselves;

WHEREAS We think that the quality of the debate on Bills is not influenced by the quantity of Bills being debated;

BELIEVING that by restricting Parliament to debate only a specific, limited, number of Bills at any time, the Executive Branch of government might influence the proceedings of the Legislative Branch;

FURTHER BELIEVING that by restricting Parliament to debate only a specific, limited, limited number of Bills at any time, the legislative process of Our Region slows down unnecessary;

GIVEN that at the moment of writing this Bill, the limited number of Bills that can be debated at any specific time is one (1) Bill;

BE IT ENACTED by the Minister of Development, by and with the advice and consent of Parliament and the Cabinet, in this present assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:-

Article 1
Section I of Article II from Our Constitution shall hereby be repealed.

Article 2
There will be added a new Section to Article II from Our Constitution that shall read as follows:-

"Parliament shall have the right to debate Bills at any time from the moment they are brought to the Debate Hall. There shall be no restrictions on the total number of Bills debated at any same time."

10th May 2016
Nassau-Windsor

Senator
Minister of Development
King of Arms
Nassau-Windsor
Nassau-Windsor
Admin

Constitutional Amendment: Limited number of debates 8rEF1Tb

Back to top Go down

Constitutional Amendment: Limited number of debates Empty Re: Constitutional Amendment: Limited number of debates

Post by Abdoa Tue May 10, 2016 8:47 pm

I am not quite sure whether I agree with the intent of this bill. I think that if we are debating more than one bills, the chance of confusion is greatly increased, both for the PM who has to moderate, and for the debating and voting senators. However, this is just a first impression, I could change my mind...
Abdoa
Abdoa

Constitutional Amendment: Limited number of debates 80px-Coronet_of_a_British_Baron.svg
Constitutional Amendment: Limited number of debates 06dW5co Constitutional Amendment: Limited number of debates 8rEF1Tb

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=abdoa

Back to top Go down

Constitutional Amendment: Limited number of debates Empty Re: Constitutional Amendment: Limited number of debates

Post by Libertarian Democracy Tue May 10, 2016 11:06 pm

I support this bill in its entirety. Its intent is clear; it seeks to allow for the parliament to debate on multiple bills at a time. This is not impossible or impractical. Having two or three or four active threads at once isn't going to be a disaster; in fact, it could actually increase senatorial activity.
I also endorse the bill.
Libertarian Democracy
Libertarian Democracy

Constitutional Amendment: Limited number of debates 80px-Coronet_of_a_British_Baron.svg
Constitutional Amendment: Limited number of debates 06dW5co Constitutional Amendment: Limited number of debates 8rEF1Tb

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdoa Thu May 12, 2016 1:08 am

I endorse the bill.
Abdoa
Abdoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Nassau-Windsor Fri May 13, 2016 7:26 pm

I of course, support my own constitutional amendment.
Nassau-Windsor
Nassau-Windsor
Admin

Constitutional Amendment: Limited number of debates 8rEF1Tb

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdoa Sat May 14, 2016 1:54 am

I know, but as the current rules apply, we can still only have one bill at debate at a time Wink.
Abdoa
Abdoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Thrishca Sat May 14, 2016 3:58 pm

I endorse this bill as well

Thrishca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down