The Parliamentary Union of Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FOUNDER DEBATES '16

4 posters

Go down

FOUNDER DEBATES '16 Empty FOUNDER DEBATES '16

Post by Libertarian Democracy Sat May 21, 2016 5:04 pm

FOUNDER DEBATES '16 HmM5N7l

Welcome to the first ever FOUNDER DEBATES! Hopefully, this will be the only time we do this. These proceedings will help the region's residents choose the best leader, who will serve indefinitely in the most powerful position in the Union. This debate could change the course of Union history, forever.

I will be moderating this event. We kindly ask that anyone who is not a candidate or myself to refrain from posting in this thread, however you are welcome to freely discuss the debates in a separate thread or on the RMB.

So candidates, let us start with introductions. Please give us an introduction, and keep it to less than 150 words please.
Libertarian Democracy
Libertarian Democracy

FOUNDER DEBATES '16 80px-Coronet_of_a_British_Baron.svg
FOUNDER DEBATES '16 06dW5co FOUNDER DEBATES '16 8rEF1Tb

Back to top Go down

FOUNDER DEBATES '16 Empty Re: FOUNDER DEBATES '16

Post by Nassau-Windsor Sat May 21, 2016 9:11 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen,

There has been laid before you an important choice that is to be made: “Who will become the new Founder of our Region?”

I have chosen to name myself as a candidate for this position for a number of reasons, which I will lay before you during the debate. But let me just remind you of this:

The role of Founder is in my views purely administrative. It should not be a role in which the member [of this region] should have In-Character powers per se. The member that we will vote for, should be the one that has the best capabilities to run the administrative side of the game.

Now, I am not campaigning in the way that I call you to vote for myself; I campaign by showing what I’m capable of and what I stand for. If you think that I would make a good Founder based on my former actions, then you could vote for me. Otherwise, I urge you not to vote for me.

As I used more words than suggested already, I will end myself here, and forward you my capabilities in a later post.

Nassau-Windsor
Candidate

Edit 1: Grammar corrections.
Nassau-Windsor
Nassau-Windsor
Admin

FOUNDER DEBATES '16 8rEF1Tb

Back to top Go down

Post by Raeyser Sun May 22, 2016 5:48 am

So most of you are probably thinking why a noob such as myself would run for the office of founder. The truth is that I reject the idea that the foundership should go to the oldest, most seasoned candidate. Honestly, those attributes are largely unnecessary in a good founder. I also reject the notion that the founder should make promises of any nature other than one: unwavering loyalty.

I think that the founder should never be seen primarily as The Founder but as just another member of the region. Never should his powers be a factor in the political process in the region: his compliance with the government's will should be a given and never doubted. This is the first aspect of what unwavering loyalty in a founder means to me.

The second and most important aspect of unwavering loyalty in a founder is that of regular activity. The founder's first and foremost concern should be the protection of the region and the best way to do so is, of course, not CTEing.

Therefore, my region-mates, I make no grandiose promises of greater things to come or point to a track record of service. I do not think of the foundership as anything but the means for a safe region. And my campaign is based on a single, simple pledge: loyalty to the Parliamentary Union of Sovereign Nations. I present myself to you all willing to take on this important but humble office.
Raeyser
Raeyser

Back to top Go down

Post by Libertarian Democracy Sun May 22, 2016 6:31 pm

Seeing as our other candidate has not posted within 24 hours, we will continue with some policy and character questions. Unless otherwise specified, each question merits no more than a 120-word response

1) How do you plan on keeping the region safe from raiders and trolls?

2) What are your views on recruitment and regional activity?

3) Describe your level of regional activity.

4) As Founder, you would have significant influence within government, potentially serving as an advisor to those who ask. What problems do you see with our region, and what would be your advice to an official trying to solve it? (This one can be up to 250 words)

5) Finally, describe your vision for the region.
Libertarian Democracy
Libertarian Democracy

FOUNDER DEBATES '16 80px-Coronet_of_a_British_Baron.svg
FOUNDER DEBATES '16 06dW5co FOUNDER DEBATES '16 8rEF1Tb

Back to top Go down

Post by Nassau-Windsor Mon May 23, 2016 9:41 am

1) How do you plan on keeping the region safe from raiders and trolls?
Well, lets start with raiders: the most simple and most effective way is to be and stay active. With an active Founder, the raiders can only have so much influence as the Founder permits. This will limit their chances to success to allmost zero. I thus, I will stay active and do everything to prevent being raided. I will also work together with friends in other Regions (such as Geopolity) to try to be a step ahead of them. Generally, I would oppose to use password protection, because that would also effect other aspects of the game (such as recruitment).

Now with troll-nations, it is another discussion. Because their goals are different. Where raiders seek to take control over the administrative sides, trollers seek to annoy other players, thus other actions are needed to solve the problems. The first action that one needs to remember is to be polite yourself. I will at first instance ask them not to troll and if they wish to do so, to seek another region. If they don't listen, I will eject them from the region, as their presence no longer serves any other member. Perhaps I will also forward them to the Game Mods, but that depends on their individual cases.

2) What are your views on recruitment and regional activity?
While activity is quite important for various reasons, I do not think that it is the most important aspect of the game --> enjoyment is. If people do not enjoy their stay in the region because they are forced to be active once a day, I think it is better for them to leave the region. This will lead to a region that has passionate members, and those are (in my opinion) the best a region can have.

This will reflect my actions during recruitment. I think we should recruit, but that we also need to look at whom we are recruiting. And like I mentioned, the members themselves must be willing to contribute to the region. I do not wish this region to become one with 100+ members but that has no soul.

3) Describe your level of regional activity.
I think it is important here to note that Nassau-Windsor is not my main nation (Orange-Bourgogne is). But that will not make me less active. I check the RMB and the forum at least once a day, and I will continue to do so. The only problem that might occur is the thing with different time zones... but that problem will not change with a different Founder.

4) As Founder, you would have significant influence within government, potentially serving as an advisor to those who ask. What problems do you see with our region, and what would be your advice to an official trying to solve it? (This one can be up to 250 words)

Well, like I said in my opening statement, I do not see the role of Founder as an In-Character position. The Founder has no right to abuse his powers at any time. The powers granted unto him by the Constitution are in my views administrative. (I'm planning on writing a Bill for this anyway.) Solving administrative problems should be discussed with the Cabinet Ministers and Parliament, and ALL other issues should be decided upon by the Cabinet and Parliament.

5) Finally, describe your vision for the region.
I would like to see that our region becomes active, with passionate members who actually care about the roleplay, and with a strong well-functioning administration that doesn't interfere with IC matters, unless the members of that administration are entitled to do so through other functions to which they have been elected/appointed according to the law.

Edit: Made the questions bold for better view.
Nassau-Windsor
Nassau-Windsor
Admin

Back to top Go down

FOUNDER DEBATES '16 Empty My Campaign !

Post by Junastria Tue May 24, 2016 6:09 am

The Empire Of Junastria has always been a fan of this region !
And now, finally, I get a chance to serve it.
I have always believed that regions with ongoing activity will prosper. As a founder, I cant assure you of the better conditions, but i sure can assure you all for a better guidance.
As a successor to Abdoa (which has been the best of 5 founders i have faced till now), I would like to use his experience as my tool.
How do you plan on keeping the region safe from raiders and trolls?
- Probably better interaction within us and with others ! I wouldnt mind taking strict actions for the naggers too.
What are your views on recruitment and regional activity?
-I believe in the lesser the better.
We already have quite some nations , but i'll get choosy on whom we are recruiting.
Lets give everybody a chance and those who are not at par, are not welcome anymore.
Describe your level of regional activity
-I am already quite active. I'll prefer logging in twice a day , once at night and once in the morning so as not to miss out on anything.
I'm also planning for a cross country trip, so inactivity for 8 days in the next month should b acceptable, but i'll probably keep u updated as to all of my steps.
As Founder, you would have significant influence within government, potentially serving as an advisor to those who ask. What problems do you see with our region, and what would be your advice to an official trying to solve it?
-Problems as for now, are not much to worry about. Questions are welcome, and i'll surely try to help. But as I am in a learning stage myself, probably all the nations of the region will be the advisers. I dont mean to be the supreme commander leadin a war , I'll preferably be the match to light up many candles !
As for the second part of the ques, anybody trying to 'solve' any problem , Thanx a ton ! Just keep everybody updated with what exactly you will be doing and justify your acts.
Finally, describe your vision for the region.
- Our vision for the nation should not be us standing at an apex - Ruling the world, instead it should be as a group, on a platform, with everybody ready to help on our side, at a place where we can be heard by all. We all want to prosper, what i want is everyone to prosper with us (Not just as much as we do though) Very Happy

With some great competitors and even greater Leaders, I present my candidature !
Rest, I leave it to you !
Give me a chance , is what I'll end up with !
May the best candidate win !
Thnx !

Junastria

Junastria

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down