The Parliamentary Union of Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Decree concerning re-vote on SO 2016-12

3 posters

Go down

Decree concerning re-vote on SO 2016-12 Empty Decree concerning re-vote on SO 2016-12

Post by Nassau-Windsor Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:30 am

By Us, Nassau-Windsor, Founder of The Parliamentary Union of Nations, as in Our role and capacity as the ultimate authority of Our Region, We do hereby order the Prime Minister to call a re-vote on Senate Order 2016-12 named "The Region's Administrative Branch [Constitutional Amendment]".

Nassau-Windsor
Nassau-Windsor
Nassau-Windsor
Admin

Decree concerning re-vote on SO 2016-12 8rEF1Tb

Back to top Go down

Decree concerning re-vote on SO 2016-12 Empty Re: Decree concerning re-vote on SO 2016-12

Post by Hashkin Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:52 am

Nassau-Windsor wrote:By Us, Nassau-Windsor, Founder of The Parliamentary Union of Nations, as in Our role and capacity as the ultimate authority of Our Region, We do hereby order the Prime Minister to call a re-vote on Senate Order 2016-12 named "The Region's Administrative Branch [Constitutional Amendment]".

Nassau-Windsor
even though the founder is the ultimate power, the PM is the head of gov. As said in the constitution "Subsection 1: However, he will maintain minimal interference in the Government and will obey the decisions of the Parliament and respect the actions of the other Executive Officials" which means the founder cannot  legally force the PM To cast a re vote, since as in the consitution "Section D: The Prime Minister shall serve as the Head of Government for the Region"
Hashkin
Hashkin

Back to top Go down

Decree concerning re-vote on SO 2016-12 Empty Re: Decree concerning re-vote on SO 2016-12

Post by Nassau-Windsor Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:24 pm

Your Excellences,

In my opinion, His Excellency The Minister of Jurisprudence did not explain the law as it should have been. The reasons why I think this are because of technical issues, which I will forward to you by these:

- The position of the Prime Minister
The position of the Prime Minister does not have any effect on the position of the Founder. While the Prime Minister may – and should – be Head of Government, that has nothing to do with the position of the Founder as the ‘ultimate authority’.

- Interference
In this case I ordered the Prime Minister to call for a re-vote on SO 2016-12. In the Constitution it is clearly stated that the Founder shall have minimal interference with the government, but minimal does not mean no interference. Also, it has been requested by the President that I would call for a re-vote (Second Stage Vote) on the RMB and this Forum several times. Thus, I did not decide/rule/request/order anything against the government’s initial plans or policies.

For the reasons stated above, I would like to hear the opinion from The Minister of Jurisprudence once again.

[Signed]

Nassau-Windsor
Senator and Founder
Nassau-Windsor
Nassau-Windsor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Libertarian Democracy Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:26 pm

For the record, I have never called for a re-vote. Basically, after an amendment passes the Legislature, it's supposed to go to referendum. I have called for you to host the referendum, not call a re-vote for the Legislature.
Libertarian Democracy
Libertarian Democracy

Decree concerning re-vote on SO 2016-12 80px-Coronet_of_a_British_Baron.svg
Decree concerning re-vote on SO 2016-12 06dW5co Decree concerning re-vote on SO 2016-12 8rEF1Tb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down