The Parliamentary Union of Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SO 2015-11 Reducing Constitutional Ambiguity (Constitutional Amendment)

Go down

SO 2015-11 Reducing Constitutional Ambiguity (Constitutional Amendment) Empty SO 2015-11 Reducing Constitutional Ambiguity (Constitutional Amendment)

Post by Abdoa Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:35 am

SENATE OF THE PARLIAMENTARY UNION

SENATE ORDER 2015-11

Reducing Constitutional Ambiguity

ARTICLE I: Preface

In an effort to reduce ambiguity within the provisions of the Constitution of the Union, we, the Parliament of the Union,  hereby enact the provisions of this document as a Constitutional Amendment.

ARTICLE II: Amendments to Article I of the Constitution of the Union

Section A: Amend “Article I, Section B, Subsection 2”

We move to amend Article I, Section B, Subsection 2 of the Constitution to contain the new text:
“A Member’s posts on the RMB may be suppressed by the Founder or Prime Minister, accompanied by a warning, if they are deemed derogatory, at the aforementioned officials discretion.  The Judicial System may order the suppression of one or more posts at its discretion”

Section B: Amend “Article I, Section C, Subsection 1”

We move to amend Article I, Section C, Subsection 2 of the Constitution to contain the new text:
“The Judicial System may revoke the right to vote in elections, either temporarily or permanently, but only as part of a punishment for a nation convicted of a crime”

Section C: Add “Article I, Section D, Subsection 1”

We move to add the following to the Constitution as Article I, Section D, Subsection 1:
“Any nation that CTEs during their term as a member of Parliament or the Government shall automatically lose their position”

Section D: Add 'Article I, Section D, Subsection 2'

We move to add the following to the Constitution as Article I, Section D, Subsection 2:
"No member may create a puppet nation so they can have two concurrent Government or Senator positions in the Union. Upon first offense, the member, and all puppets thereof, will lose their government position if already a member of the government or Parliament, and be permanently barred from being elected or appointed to Government or Parliamentary positions. Upon the second offense, the member and all residing puppets thereof shall be permanently banned from the Union."

ARTICLE III: Amendments to Article II of the Constitution of the Union

Section A: Amend “Article II, Section H”

We move to amend Article II, Section H of the Constitution the contain the new text:
“Parliament may not pass a law that targets or restricts the freedom of any one resident, or one that removes or orders the removal of a resident from the region”

ARTICLE IV: Amendments to Article III of the Constitution of the Union

Section A: Amend “Article III, Section A”

We move to amend Article III, Section A of the Constitution to contain the new text:
“The Executive Branch of the Parliamentary Union of Sovereign States shall consist of the Founder, President, Prime Minister, and Cabinet, and shall also be known as the Government”

Section B: Amend “Article III, Section B, Subsection 1”

We move to amend Article III, Section B, Subsection 1 of the Constitution to contain the new text:
“However, he will maintain minimal interference in the Government and Parliament, will obey the decisions of the Parliament, and will  respect the actions and decisions of the other Executive Officials and the Judicial System”

Section C: Amend “Article III, Section B, Subsection 2”

We move to amend Article III, Section B, Subsection 2 of the Constitution to contain the new text:
“The Founder will control the elections via Regional Polls, and shall call emergency elections upon the resignation, impeachment, removal, or CTE of an elected official.

Section D: Amend “Article III, Section B, Subsection 3”

We move to amend Article III, Section B, Subsection 3 of the Constitution to contain the new text:
“The Founder, at his discretion, has the authority to lock the Region by placing a password on the region if a threat is perceived.  The password may be visible or invisible to the members of the union, at the Founder’s discretion”

Section E: Amend “Article III, Section B, Subsection 5”

We move to amend Article III, Section B, Subsection 5 of the Constitution to contain the new text:
“The Founder has the right to alter the Regional Flag and the WFE, however, may be ordered by Parliament to set a certain flag to remain for a period of six weeks”

Section F: Amend “Article III, Section C, Subsection 3”

We move to amend Article III, Section C, Subsection 3 of the Constitution to contain the new text:
“The President can veto or sign acts of Parliament”

Section G: Amend “Article III, Section C, Subsection 7”

We move to amend Article III, Section C, Subsection 7 of the Constitution to contain the new text:
“The President may appoint Ambassadors to allied regions whose Founder, WA Delegate, or Regional Officers request one”

Section H: Add “Article III, Section C, Subsection 8”

We move to add the following to the Constitution as Article III, Section C, Subsection 8:
“The President may only appoint Members of the Union.  The President may only appoint a Member if the Member in question agrees to uphold the duties and responsibilities of the position the Member is to be appointed to”

Section J: Amend “Article III, Section E, Subsection 2”

We move to amend Article III, Section E, Subsection 2 of the Constitution to contain the new text:
“Cabinet Members may not hold any other position in the Executive Branch”

ARTICLE V: Conclusion

We, the Parliament of the Union, enact this document and its provisions as an Amendment to the Constitution of the Union, and order the Founder to update the Constitution exactly as mandated by the provisions of this document, and in a timely manner.

December 12th, 2015
Libertarian Democracy
Novum Urbem
The Kingdom of Stornland

Status: Failed at Voting Stage 2 (membership referendum) for lack of a quorum
Abdoa
Abdoa

SO 2015-11 Reducing Constitutional Ambiguity (Constitutional Amendment) 80px-Coronet_of_a_British_Baron.svg
SO 2015-11 Reducing Constitutional Ambiguity (Constitutional Amendment) 06dW5co SO 2015-11 Reducing Constitutional Ambiguity (Constitutional Amendment) 8rEF1Tb

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=abdoa

Back to top Go down