The Parliamentary Union of Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Third Classical Liberal Party Convention, October 5-15, 2017 [CLP thread only]

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Third Classical Liberal Party Convention, October 5-15, 2017 [CLP thread only] Empty Third Classical Liberal Party Convention, October 5-15, 2017 [CLP thread only]

Post by Abdoa Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:23 am

Third Convention
Third Classical Liberal Party Convention, October 5-15, 2017 [CLP thread only] Nbrpdw
Welcome, to the Third Classical Liberal Party Convention! All members are invited to participate in the continuation of our democratic project.

As Party Chair, I would like to reiterate some of the achievements we have made since our last Convention almost two months ago:

• We have continued to be the only party in the Union that runs candidates for Parliamentary and Prime Ministerial elections on a Manifesto, which we adopt every Convention.
  • In fulfilling that Manifesto, we have stood by our fellow citizen's rights and freedoms, as well as the legislation guaranteeing those rights and freedoms which we had passed earlier, and making sure that they aren't violated.
  • We have made efforts to streamline the growing Union bureaucracy, while making sure that we do not cut down on the services we provide and benefits the citizens of the Union get. As Prime Minister, I am nearing the completion of all the points on my Twelve-Point Plan, winding down my term as Prime Minister and addressing problems as they come.
  • I have placed a heavy emphasis on Citizen's Voice, the participation of the citizens of the Union in the big decisions on how to move forward together, notably in the Extraordinary Constitutional Convention which is currently being held.

We will continue to move forward with our project for the future of the Union, united and together as a Party, but with the Union foremost in our minds.

With that said, let's get started! The Convention will be split into two halves, the Debate Period on October 5-10, 2017, and the Voting Period on October 10-15, 2017, and we have a packed agenda, so here goes (please follow the color coding in your posts):

• Members may propose and then debate manifestos detailing a comprehensive platform for the upcoming Parliamentary Elections in the Debate Period which will be voted on in the Voting Period;
  • Members may propose amendments to this Charter in the Debate Period which will be voted on in the Voting Period;
  • Members may declare that they want to run for President, Prime Minister, or Parliament in the Debate Period (if there are less positions on each list up for placement, there shall be a primary for that list);
  • Members may declare candidacy for the various Party offices on the Executive Council (Chair, Vice-Chair, and General Secretary) in the Debate Period, the elections for which shall be held in the Voting Period;
  • A general debate shall be held on recruitment, outreach, and electoral strategies.

Here's the color coding key:
Code:
If you want to talk about something in general unrelated to the regular agenda, use regular font color.
If you are talking about a proposition for the Manifesto, surround that text in [color=red]{Your Text Here}[/color] tags.
If you are talking about Amendments to the Charter, surround that text in [color=green]{Your Text Here}[/color] tags.
If you are talking about candidacies for the upcoming Union (parliamentary) elections, surround that text in [color=blue]{Your Text Here}[/color] tags.
If you are talking about candidacies for the Party Executive Council, surround that text in [color=brown]{Your Text Here}[/color] tags.
If you are talking about recruitment and outreach strategies, surround that text in [color=violet]{Your Text Here}[/color] tags.
If you are talking about electoral strategies, surround the text in [color=orange]{Your Text Here}[/color] tags.

Last edited by Abdoa on Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Abdoa
Abdoa

Third Classical Liberal Party Convention, October 5-15, 2017 [CLP thread only] 80px-Coronet_of_a_British_Baron.svg
Third Classical Liberal Party Convention, October 5-15, 2017 [CLP thread only] 06dW5co Third Classical Liberal Party Convention, October 5-15, 2017 [CLP thread only] 8rEF1Tb

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=abdoa

Back to top Go down

Third Classical Liberal Party Convention, October 5-15, 2017 [CLP thread only] Empty Re: Third Classical Liberal Party Convention, October 5-15, 2017 [CLP thread only]

Post by Libertarian Democracy Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:45 am

I shall run for re-election as a Senator.

I shall also run for re-election as General-Secretary of this great organization.

More detail and opinions on the other debate topics to come shortly.
Libertarian Democracy
Libertarian Democracy

Third Classical Liberal Party Convention, October 5-15, 2017 [CLP thread only] 80px-Coronet_of_a_British_Baron.svg
Third Classical Liberal Party Convention, October 5-15, 2017 [CLP thread only] 06dW5co Third Classical Liberal Party Convention, October 5-15, 2017 [CLP thread only] 8rEF1Tb

Back to top Go down

Third Classical Liberal Party Convention, October 5-15, 2017 [CLP thread only] Empty Re: Third Classical Liberal Party Convention, October 5-15, 2017 [CLP thread only]

Post by S:t Artica and the N.K. Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:15 pm

I will be seeking re-election as senator.

I also wish to seek re-election as Vice-Chair of the party. tags.

Regarding this topic I have several proposals.
1. The first one being the adaptation of a motto for the party, a motto that can be displayed beneath the logo and embodies our core values in an eye-catching manner. I will return with proposals later but feel free to submit your own!

2. Campain video: I propose we create a short campaign video, containing different accomplishments and important points from the manifesto. I am willing to produce such a video which could be distributed to the members of the region.

A similar idea as for the campaign video could be used as an outreach strategy for region, that go along with the telegrams,
S:t Artica and the N.K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Libertarian Democracy Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:59 am

I would say that for a party motto, it should be no more than five words.  Here's the first idea that comes to mind: "More Freedom.  Better Government."
Libertarian Democracy
Libertarian Democracy

Back to top Go down

Post by S:t Artica and the N.K. Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:57 pm

My proposal for a party motto
Third Classical Liberal Party Convention, October 5-15, 2017 [CLP thread only] 2i6m9g
An alternative version, mostly to show what can be done with the motto as a base.
Third Classical Liberal Party Convention, October 5-15, 2017 [CLP thread only] 2aac8k5
By the way, if you too want to use the same font and colors for any purpose, as in the logo here are the necessary info:
Font: Lemonade/Milk Bold
Blue: HTML 1764f1
Red: HTML ed1b1b

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdoa Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:53 am

I like all the ideas for motto; but amongst the formatted ones that St Artica has proposed, I think I like the "We're stronger with freedom" one better, because it has a bit more catch to the eye with the red "we're".
Abdoa
Abdoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Hashkin Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:02 pm

I would run for re-election as senator

I would also seek the office of Prime Minister
Hashkin
Hashkin

Third Classical Liberal Party Convention, October 5-15, 2017 [CLP thread only] 8rEF1Tb

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdoa Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:03 am

I will be running for Parliament and Party Chair.

It is however now time for me to announce that I will not stand again in the election for Prime Minister. I have served the Union in that function for a long time, and it is now with utmost confidence that I can hand over the reins of government to new blood.

Last edited by Abdoa on Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Abdoa
Abdoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Aralunya Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:22 pm

I would like to stand for re-election as Senator. This whole chairing a committee that actually has something to do now is exciting!!
If we are talking about general recruitment for the region, a law could be crafted that would mandate that all members of the Union Government send out X number of telegrams a day.
In terms of strategy, I think we can comfortably run on the wave from the ECC, which I primarily led by the CLP.
I really don't think we have much competition right now, but that might change. We could introduce the idea of have the Parliament and Union Government not only behave as a functional administrative body, but also as a huge meta-roleplay. We would have to introduce yearly budgets, legislate in controversial topics (all of which is just for debate and roleplaying and would in no way actually affect who nation's are governed.
Aralunya
Aralunya
Admin

Third Classical Liberal Party Convention, October 5-15, 2017 [CLP thread only] 8rEF1Tb

https://parliamentaryunion.forumotion.org

Back to top Go down

Post by S:t Artica and the N.K. Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:03 pm

Such a law would in practice require government members to have 'NS++'?
I too believe that the Region would benefit from expanding the role of government and parliament into meta-roleplay, in terms of population growth and activity!

Back to top Go down

Post by Libertarian Democracy Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:32 pm

I like both your motto proposals, St. Artica. Good work!
I've been trying to brainstorm ideas for a New Recruitment Initiative, but all I could think of with the current system is just to let recruiters have "RO" in their titles.
More ideas would be great!
Libertarian Democracy
Libertarian Democracy

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdoa Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:53 am

I propose that we use the same manifesto as last time: https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=867150.

Yes, that is correct: Aralunya's proposal would require government members to have NS++. I think that, as a reform of the Recruitment Act, this could be a good idea, because just by pure numbers we might be able to get active recruitment going again. But on the other hand, I don't think we should effectively add having NS++ as a qualification to serve in the Cabinet. Thoughts?

Also, the debate period is extended to October 13, 2017, so that we can continue this very productive discussion.
Abdoa
Abdoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Libertarian Democracy Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:12 am

I agree. It was a good manifesto and it's still relevant. However we should probably update the "August 2017" on it Razz

Requiring NS++ would be a significant restriction on otherwise qualified candidates for appointed positions within the government. This means that anyone who plays NS on a mobile device is banned from government. Same to anyone who uses Firefox as their primary browser. And it would also require people to download
a specific piece of software.

I would suggest, that as a starting point, we commission a Recruitment Task Force of perhaps the President, the MoD, and the Chair of the Parliamentary Development Committee. The first order of business should be to conduct a survey to determine A)
how many members of the Union have NS++, and B) how many members of the Union would be willing to install NS++ if they don't have it.
Libertarian Democracy
Libertarian Democracy

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdoa Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:20 am

That idea sounds very good for starters, LibDem: I was actually thinking that for the purposes of seeing what can be done, if anything, with the OML Act, we could do a sort of census of citizens to find out how many active, who speaks what languages, who has NS++, which would really help everyone (there would naturally be no obligation to respond, but for those who do, if there are enough, it could be interesting.
Abdoa
Abdoa

Back to top Go down

Post by S:t Artica and the N.K. Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:25 am

Abdoa wrote:That idea sounds very good for starters, LibDem: I was actually thinking that for the purposes of seeing what can be done, if anything, with the OML Act, we could do a sort of census of citizens to find out how many active, who speaks what languages, who has NS++, which would really help everyone (there would naturally be no obligation to respond, but for those who do, if there are enough, it could be interesting.

Hehe funny that you mention that, I have actually prepared a survey to accompany the OLM Act. My plan was to post it officially once the act had passed in parliament.My reasoning for including listening and speaking is if you want to talk with one another on the Discord server.

Survey:

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdoa Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:53 pm

I think that would be a good survey to have the MoD/C circulate; but I think it could be also advantageous for other regional departments if it was incorporated as a section of a larger survey. Maybe we could have something where the PM uses a GD to get the ministries to send in lists of questions to the MoC who would compile the general survey.

Last edited by Libertarian Democracy on Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : LibDem edit: fix broken bbcode)
Abdoa
Abdoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Libertarian Democracy Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:14 am

I like the idea of a having the Cabinet put forth a survey to see how they can better serve the region. Engagement also helps with recruitment!
Libertarian Democracy
Libertarian Democracy

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdoa Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:05 am

The voting period is open.

The following list is approved by default for the Parliamentary elections of October 2017:
1) Libertarian Democracy
2) Saint Artica and the Nordic Kingdoms
3) Hashkin
4) Abdoa
5) Aralunya

Please post your ballot in the thread below.

This is your ballot that you need to fill out:
Code:
[quote][color=red]To adopt the Manifesto proposed by Abdoa: AYE or NAY[/color][/quote]

Last edited by Abdoa on Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Abdoa
Abdoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdoa Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:05 am

To adopt the Manifesto proposed by Abdoa: AYE
Abdoa
Abdoa

Back to top Go down

Post by S:t Artica and the N.K. Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:09 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Aralunya Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:24 pm

Aralunya
Aralunya
Admin

https://parliamentaryunion.forumotion.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Libertarian Democracy Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:41 pm

Libertarian Democracy
Libertarian Democracy

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdoa Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:44 am

The voting period is over, and the Manifesto is adopted unanimously.

The following Executive Council is inaugurated for a term of two months:
Chair: Abdoa
Vice-Chair: Saint Artica and the Nordic Kingdoms
General Secretary: Libertarian Democracy

I invite members of the Executive Council to, if they so wish, make any closing remarks they deem fitting for the occasion.
Abdoa
Abdoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Libertarian Democracy Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:08 pm

CLP Members,

It is an honor to serve again as your General Secretary. With elections nearing, I wanted to address the importance of steadfast activity.

The CLP is the oldest continuously-operating party. (We are, in fact, only two months away from first anniversary of our establishment). There is good reason for it. Whenever there is an issue in the region, the region looks to us to solve it. Whenever there is a development initiative proposed, the region looks to us to champion it.

So now, in an era of extended inactivity among most in the region, people are looking towards us to restore the region. We must work hard not only to get elected, but once we are, to quickly and effectively restore regional activity. We once had nearly 90 members of our region. We now have less than 25. We must steer the Cabinet and the Legislature to take positive action to solve these issues.

This means we, as both members of the CLP and more importantly the Union, must uphold a high standard of activity. We set the bar. We will need to be leaders if we are to carry this region into the future.

Thank You,
LibDem
Libertarian Democracy
Libertarian Democracy

Back to top Go down

Post by S:t Artica and the N.K. Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:37 pm

CLP members,

I agree fully with General Secretary LibDem.  I would, however, like to take this opportunity to remind you all that the CPL throughout this term have been hard at work fighting to further the rights and freedoms of the region's members. In this forthcoming parliamentary election, I hope that we will be entrusted once more with the confidence of the voters. Because the CLP is the largest and most effective platform for turning ideas into action and action is exactly what this region needs to flourish right now!

I am thankful for the fact that I have been part of what we have been able to accomplish this last term. I am also thankful for the continued confidence in me as Vice-Chair. I pledge to honor our manifest and fight for our ideals, because I believe that we, in fact, are stronger with freedom!

–Saint Artica and the N.K, Vice-Chair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next