The Parliamentary Union of Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proposed Impeachment of President Nassau-Windsor - Public Discussion Thread

2 posters

Go down

Proposed Impeachment of President Nassau-Windsor - Public Discussion Thread Empty Proposed Impeachment of President Nassau-Windsor - Public Discussion Thread

Post by Libertarian Democracy Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:56 am

Members of the Union,

Parliament has just passed SO#2017-91 ("Motion to Impeach the President"). Despite the title, Nassau-Windsor has not yet been impeached; Parliament is scheduled to vote on impeachment later. However, in the meantime, there is a Public Comment Period, which shall take place in this thread.

Here, any Member of the Union - whether or not you are a Senator or a Government official - can discuss the proposed impeachment. Everyone is welcome to air their thoughts and opinions and engage each other in civil discussion. The purpose of this is twofold: 1) so that you can have your voice heard regarding this very important matter and 2) so that the Senators can be fully informed on public opinion when they cast their votes.

Some ground rules:
1) Please keep this discussion civil. No flaming, no spamming, no personal attacks, etc.
2) Please stay on topic. This thread is to discuss one thing and only one thing.
3) Please do not write in an unnecessarily formal manner. These comments should be understandable to all members of the Union, not just seasoned statesmen.
Failure to follow these rules may result in criminal prosecution.

This discussion is scheduled to close on December 30th, however I may extend it up to January 1st should I deem it necessary.

Your opinions is valued, and on behalf of my fellow Senators, we thank you for taking the time to express them to us.
Libertarian Democracy
Libertarian Democracy

Proposed Impeachment of President Nassau-Windsor - Public Discussion Thread 80px-Coronet_of_a_British_Baron.svg
Proposed Impeachment of President Nassau-Windsor - Public Discussion Thread 06dW5co Proposed Impeachment of President Nassau-Windsor - Public Discussion Thread 8rEF1Tb

Back to top Go down

Proposed Impeachment of President Nassau-Windsor - Public Discussion Thread Empty Re: Proposed Impeachment of President Nassau-Windsor - Public Discussion Thread

Post by Libertarian Democracy Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:09 am

I believe that my honourable friend Nassau-Windsor should be impeached.  Before I list my reasons, I want to say that when I call Nassau "honourable friend", I mean it.  They are a person of honour, and I am proud to call them my true friend.

However, running for President this last election was a mistake.  Nassau just does not have the free time to handle all the responsibilities of being President.

I wish to point everyone to the General Debate Thread of Parliament. Here, I pointed out my primary reasons for supporting the impeachment:
1) Nassau was very inactive.
2) Nassau had not executed an important piece of legislation.

To their credit, they have acknowledged these reasons as true, and have cooperated with this process of impeachment. I hold nothing against Nassau personally, but I do believe that for the sake of the Union, they need to be impeached so they can devote their very limited free time to being Founder, among their other positions in the Government and Parliament.

-LibDem
Libertarian Democracy
Libertarian Democracy

Proposed Impeachment of President Nassau-Windsor - Public Discussion Thread 80px-Coronet_of_a_British_Baron.svg
Proposed Impeachment of President Nassau-Windsor - Public Discussion Thread 06dW5co Proposed Impeachment of President Nassau-Windsor - Public Discussion Thread 8rEF1Tb

Back to top Go down

Proposed Impeachment of President Nassau-Windsor - Public Discussion Thread Empty Re: Proposed Impeachment of President Nassau-Windsor - Public Discussion Thread

Post by Abdoa Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:07 am

I too would like to emphasize my appreciation for the work Nassau-Windsor has done in this Union, not least a President. They have given much dignity to the Office of President during both their terms.

Yet the Presidency is also a demanding role, especially with the Union in a crisis of depopulation and inactivity, and I believe that new, more active, leadership in that position is needed to turn the tide against the forces that are bringing this Union's dynamism to a halt.

Therefore, I support this proposed impeachment of our Right Honorable President,  Nassau-Windsor, and will vote for it when the ballot opens.

-Abdoa
Abdoa
Abdoa

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=abdoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Libertarian Democracy Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:21 am

This thread is now closed.
Libertarian Democracy
Libertarian Democracy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down