The Parliamentary Union of Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Government Committee on the Regional Trade Guidelines and the Adoption of a Regional Currency

4 posters

Go down

Government Committee on the Regional Trade Guidelines and the Adoption of a Regional Currency Empty Government Committee on the Regional Trade Guidelines and the Adoption of a Regional Currency

Post by Abdoa Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:26 am

Government Committee on the Regional Trade Guidelines and the Adoption of a Regional Currency:

I, Abdoa, Prime Minister of the Parliamentary Union of Sovereign Nations, do hereby establish a Government Committee on the Adoption of Regional Trade Guidelines and the Adoption of a Regional Currency.

The members of the committee and their functions therein are as follows:
Sirius Knight, MoD, Co-Chair
Libertarian Democracy, Co-Chair
Hashkin, MoJ, Judicial Advisor
Bostler, MoW, International Relations Advisor
Armenian States, Advisor

The missions of the committee are as follows:

This committee will decide first whether the region would benefit from the establishment of a regional currency and a mechanism for intra-regional trade, and if the answer is affirmative, develop such a system. The committee will then elaborate a bill for Parliament that would establish the said system.

The committee will report back to the Prime Minister’s Office on February 11, 2017 with a summary of their decisions and a copy of the Parliamentary Bill which will be reviewed by the Prime Minister before its introduction in the Drafting Table of Parliament.

Signed,
Abdoa, PM
Abdoa
Abdoa

Government Committee on the Regional Trade Guidelines and the Adoption of a Regional Currency 80px-Coronet_of_a_British_Baron.svg
Government Committee on the Regional Trade Guidelines and the Adoption of a Regional Currency 06dW5co Government Committee on the Regional Trade Guidelines and the Adoption of a Regional Currency 8rEF1Tb

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=abdoa

Back to top Go down

Government Committee on the Regional Trade Guidelines and the Adoption of a Regional Currency Empty Re: Government Committee on the Regional Trade Guidelines and the Adoption of a Regional Currency

Post by SiriusKnight Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:46 am

I will be not available for the duty until the "royalist" rebellion have been crush.
SiriusKnight
SiriusKnight

Government Committee on the Regional Trade Guidelines and the Adoption of a Regional Currency 8rEF1Tb

Back to top Go down

Government Committee on the Regional Trade Guidelines and the Adoption of a Regional Currency Empty Re: Government Committee on the Regional Trade Guidelines and the Adoption of a Regional Currency

Post by Abdoa Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:04 am

Okay! I'll still keep you on the roster, if you don't mind, so you can drop in if you feel like it still. Smile
Abdoa
Abdoa

Government Committee on the Regional Trade Guidelines and the Adoption of a Regional Currency 80px-Coronet_of_a_British_Baron.svg
Government Committee on the Regional Trade Guidelines and the Adoption of a Regional Currency 06dW5co Government Committee on the Regional Trade Guidelines and the Adoption of a Regional Currency 8rEF1Tb

Back to top Go down

Post by SiriusKnight Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:30 am

Abdoa wrote:Okay! I'll still keep you on the roster, if you don't mind, so you can drop in if you feel like it still. Smile

I think that you might had to find another more suitable person to replace my position, cause I've still have not complete the regional map + the rules and regulations. However I might can provide advises.
SiriusKnight
SiriusKnight

Government Committee on the Regional Trade Guidelines and the Adoption of a Regional Currency 8rEF1Tb

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdoa Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:43 am

Yeah, that's what I was thinking of. Anything you feel like you can offer.
Abdoa
Abdoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Armenian States Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:46 pm

I'm open to a great discussion on specifics, but having a regional currency and subsequent system for intra-region trade would be great for the cooperation and unification of the region, promoting stronger ties between all nations.
Armenian States
Armenian States

Back to top Go down

Post by Libertarian Democracy Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:29 pm

I've tried - and failed - many times to implement currency systems in other regions. With this experience in mind, it would be wise to consider the following two questions before anything else:
1) How will nations earn money?
2) How will nations spend money?
Libertarian Democracy
Libertarian Democracy

Back to top Go down

Post by Armenian States Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:00 am

Depending on what role we want this money system to play, we don't even have to have those questions answered, if you understand what I'm saying. If we, at the very least, establish a common currency for all to apply to their nations, it would start on the path to an immersive system like you are talking about. After putting in the barebones of a system, we can then decide how we would want such money to be implemented. At first, it would just be the exchange of money on the game mechanics level, with our nations trading with each other.
Armenian States
Armenian States

Back to top Go down

Post by SiriusKnight Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:40 am

Armenian States wrote:Depending on what role we want this money system to play, we don't even have to have those questions answered, if you understand what I'm saying. If we, at the very least, establish a common currency for all to apply to their nations, it would start on the path to an immersive system like you are talking about. After putting in the barebones of a system, we can then decide how we would want such money to be implemented. At first, it would just be the exchange of money on the game mechanics level, with our nations trading with each other.

The regional trade and regional currency can be implement on the regional economic activities on the regional capital.
If necessary, I might propose to form a Trade Department under the supervision of Ministry of Development.
SiriusKnight
SiriusKnight

Back to top Go down

Post by Armenian States Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:44 pm

SiriusKnight wrote:
Armenian States wrote:Depending on what role we want this money system to play, we don't even have to have those questions answered, if you understand what I'm saying. If we, at the very least, establish a common currency for all to apply to their nations, it would start on the path to an immersive system like you are talking about. After putting in the barebones of a system, we can then decide how we would want such money to be implemented. At first, it would just be the exchange of money on the game mechanics level, with our nations trading with each other.

The regional trade and regional currency can be implement on the regional economic activities on the regional capital.
If necessary, I might propose to form a Trade Department under the supervision of Ministry of Development.

That sounds like a great idea. I fully support.
Armenian States
Armenian States

Back to top Go down

Post by Libertarian Democracy Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:32 am

Yes, I understand what you are saying. But it won't work in the absence of a system where people have to trade by necessity, whether paying taxes or performing some kind of work to earn money.
Libertarian Democracy
Libertarian Democracy

Back to top Go down

Post by SiriusKnight Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:26 am

Libertarian Democracy wrote:
Yes, I understand what you are saying.  But it won't work in the absence of a system where people have to trade by necessity, whether paying taxes or performing some kind of work to earn money.

Maybe the money earn for trade can be determine through the scale of individual nations economy scale??
But I felt somethings not right about.my suggestion.
SiriusKnight
SiriusKnight

Back to top Go down

Post by Armenian States Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:29 pm

SiriusKnight wrote:
Yes, I understand what you are saying.  But it won't work in the absence of a system where people have to trade by necessity, whether paying taxes or performing some kind of work to earn money.

Maybe the money earn for trade can be determine through the scale of individual nations economy scale??

I agree the nation's economy would have to be factored in somehow.
Armenian States
Armenian States

Back to top Go down

Post by SiriusKnight Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:39 pm

Armenian States wrote:
SiriusKnight wrote:

I agree the nation's economy would have to be factored in somehow.

It would be determine through the economic output of nations.
SiriusKnight
SiriusKnight

Back to top Go down

Post by Libertarian Democracy Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:57 am

I like determining the money through the economic output (NS stats), but there are a few problems this creates. First, in order for the economy to work, there needs to be a progressive influx of money, (ie everyone gets paid a certain amount each month). Good, great, so we can just give everyone something like their economic output divided by a trillion every month. But that would cause severe inflation that would make the money decrease in value significantly. After the second month, a Union Dollar would be worth half. After the third month, $1 would be worth $.33 of the original. After two years, $1 would be worth a mere $0.04 of the original. So we would constantly have to adjust prices and taxes for inflation too which would require mathematical analysis of all the nations in the region.
Libertarian Democracy
Libertarian Democracy

Back to top Go down

Post by SiriusKnight Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:22 am

Libertarian Democracy wrote:I like determining the money through the economic output (NS stats), but there are a few problems this creates.  First, in order for the economy to work, there needs to be a progressive influx of money, (ie everyone gets paid a certain amount each month).  Good, great, so we can just give everyone something like their economic output divided by a trillion every month.  But that would cause severe inflation that would make the money decrease in value significantly.  After the second month, a Union Dollar would be worth half.  After the third month, $1 would be worth $.33 of the original. After two years, $1 would be worth a mere $0.04 of the original.  So we would constantly have to adjust prices and taxes for inflation too which would require mathematical analysis of all the nations in the region.

That requires plenty of mathematical calculations
SiriusKnight
SiriusKnight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down