The Parliamentary Union of Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Government Committee on the Adoption of a Regional Map

+3
Thomolia
Hashkin
Abdoa
7 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Government Committee on the Adoption of a Regional Map - Page 3 Empty Re: Government Committee on the Adoption of a Regional Map

Post by Sepharich Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:34 pm

Ok, we should do that before the parliamentary elections.
Sepharich
Sepharich

Government Committee on the Adoption of a Regional Map - Page 3 8rEF1Tb

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=sepharich

Back to top Go down

Government Committee on the Adoption of a Regional Map - Page 3 Empty Re: Government Committee on the Adoption of a Regional Map

Post by Libertarian Democracy Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:36 pm

We can't.  Parliamentary elections are already unconstitutionally late.  They were supposed to be from February 23rd to the 25th.  Elections take priority over opinion polling, and the Constitution would seem to agree.

Although it should go to vote ASAP after the elections since this is long overdue as well.
Libertarian Democracy
Libertarian Democracy

Government Committee on the Adoption of a Regional Map - Page 3 80px-Coronet_of_a_British_Baron.svg
Government Committee on the Adoption of a Regional Map - Page 3 06dW5co Government Committee on the Adoption of a Regional Map - Page 3 8rEF1Tb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sepharich Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:41 pm

I'm pretty sure the committee will expire by then. Also, Nassau said that the parliamentary elections ar eon March 17th.
Sepharich
Sepharich

Back to top Go down

Post by Libertarian Democracy Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:47 pm

Problem 1 can be solved by Abdoa extending this Committee's timeline. But the second one, if Nassau insists on that date, I'd say if we can fit this poll in between the PM and Parliamentary elections then we should go for it. (not that it matters much, but the election date is the 16th)
Libertarian Democracy
Libertarian Democracy

Government Committee on the Adoption of a Regional Map - Page 3 80px-Coronet_of_a_British_Baron.svg
Government Committee on the Adoption of a Regional Map - Page 3 06dW5co Government Committee on the Adoption of a Regional Map - Page 3 8rEF1Tb

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdoa Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:01 am

I do hereby extend the life and mission of this committee to April 1, 2017.
Abdoa
Abdoa

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=abdoa

Back to top Go down

Post by SiriusKnight Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:50 pm

Sepharich wrote:We still need to decide on a map. I think we should do the world map. I like it the best.

Agree, maybe the world map is the most simplest, and I guess that Malaya would like to position at the current Malaysia. Smile

And Cesaru for Indonesia. lol
SiriusKnight
SiriusKnight

Back to top Go down

Post by Libertarian Democracy Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:15 pm

Looks like we have the timeslot for a poll. Why not just put all the map options up for a vote, and see what the region wants? We can deal with the space stuff later on.
Libertarian Democracy
Libertarian Democracy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sepharich Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:17 pm

Libertarian Democracy wrote:Looks like we have the timeslot for a poll.  Why not just put all the map options up for a vote, and see what the region wants?  We can deal with the space stuff later on.
I agree. I'll TG Nassau about it.
Sepharich
Sepharich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sepharich Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:35 am

I hereby extend the life of this committee to April 15th, 2017. Let's get this over with. Also members are still just about the same, except that Sirius Knight has been replaced with Malaya.

Ok, here are the final three options.
Map A)
Government Committee on the Adoption of a Regional Map - Page 3 Npooeh
Map B)
Government Committee on the Adoption of a Regional Map - Page 3 Jv3xbq
Map C)
Government Committee on the Adoption of a Regional Map - Page 3 2irub61
Sepharich
Sepharich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sepharich Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:35 am

Please tell me if you agree with these selections!
Sepharich
Sepharich

Back to top Go down

Post by Libertarian Democracy Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:43 am

I agree with the choices. I would also like to recommend using a runoff vote, so basically if no map gets more than 50% of the vote, then hold another round with the last place choice removed until one option gets the magic plurality of at least 51%
Libertarian Democracy
Libertarian Democracy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sepharich Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:46 am

Libertarian Democracy wrote:I agree with the choices.  I would also like to recommend using a runoff vote, so basically if no map gets more than 50% of the vote, then hold another round with the last place choice removed until one option gets the magic plurality of at least 51%
Good Idea. We will use this, and thank you for the feedback!
Sepharich
Sepharich

Back to top Go down

Post by Nassau-Windsor Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:09 am

Members of the Committee,

With your permission I do hereby notify you that a regional poll has been created on the adoption of the regional map. The poll has been created upon the request of the Rt. Hon. Prime Minister [Sepharich].
Nassau-Windsor
Nassau-Windsor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sepharich Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:22 pm

Please state your regional map claims here. Make sure to SPECIFY exactly where you want, and please, nothing unrealistic.

Government Committee on the Adoption of a Regional Map - Page 3 Region11

Last edited by Sepharich on Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sepharich
Sepharich

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomolia Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:35 pm

I would like to be settled in the far West of the map.

Thomolia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sepharich Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:47 pm

Thomolia wrote:I would like to be settled in the far West of the map.

Please specify.
Sepharich
Sepharich

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomolia Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:47 pm

The extreme peninsula.

Thomolia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sepharich Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:48 pm

On the long Island?
Sepharich
Sepharich

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomolia Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:48 pm

Yes

Thomolia

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdoa Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:48 pm

Though I am not on the committee, I would like to remind its members that they are charged with choosing a map, dividing it up into parcels, finding out how to award those parcels, and then writing a bill to propose in parliament that would implement all of the aforementioned stages, not running the parcel awarding process.
Abdoa
Abdoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sepharich Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:48 pm

Thomolia wrote:Yes

Alright, I will edit it shortly.
Sepharich
Sepharich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sepharich Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:51 pm

Abdoa wrote:Though I am not on the committee, I would like to remind its members that they are charged with choosing a map, dividing it up into parcels, finding out how to award those parcels, and then writing a bill to propose in parliament that would implement all of the aforementioned stages, not running the parcel awarding process.

Alright. I will write a bill then.
Sepharich
Sepharich

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdoa Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:05 pm

Thanks so much for all of your hard work put into this project!
Abdoa
Abdoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sepharich Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:06 pm

Abdoa wrote:Thanks so much for all of your hard work put into this project!

Of course! Anything for the Union! I am currently working on the bill, and will probably have it done within the next hour or so.
Sepharich
Sepharich

Back to top Go down

Post by Libertarian Democracy Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:37 pm

I *highly* suggest splitting the map up into very small tracts.
Libertarian Democracy
Libertarian Democracy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3